| 24 |

CATHERINE
wanted to rip the heads of the Ministry guards off their shoulders. She watched the entire scenario unravel as soon as she arrived via floo powder. She had no idea what Malfoy was trying to do, sneaking in with a disguise, which she could tell was him just by the way he walked. Was he that stupid to think he could get away with that?

  He was cornered by a total of 5 guards, which was highly unnecessary. She knew he would've tackled them all but the fact that he didn't meant he really wanted to see Harry.

  Without thinking, like she normally does, she opened her mouth.

  "He's with me."

  Everyone's head snapped to look at her.

  "And you are?" The female guard questioned her and Catherine didn't like her tone.

  "Catherine Ariendra. I have an appointment with Mr. Potter in 5 minutes and my partner was running late." She waved her hand towards Malfoy, who can't seem to pick his jaw off the floor. She walked forward, weaving in between the guards. She grabbed his wand with one hand and the other circling his wrist. "So if you'll excuse me we have to get going."

  "Hold up Mam," a male guard stopped her tracks, practically shoving her shoulders back. She was lucky Malfoy was behind her so her back collided with his chest. Malfoy steadied her and shot daggers towards the guard.

  "Don't fucking touch her." He growled.

  "Mr. Malfoy calm down or I will have to take you in-" the guard now pointed his wand right between Malfoy's eyes.

  Malfoy stepped forward and stepping to shield her from the guard, "Oh go ahead I will-"

  "Okay stop!" Catherine shouted. "Officers I have no idea what has gotten into your heads. Mr. Malfoy is a wizard just like anyone else and he deserves to appeal to his Ministry. He has done absolutely nothing wrong. So for you to corner him and terrorise him in any fashion is considered a crime!"

  She pointed straight ahead towards the officer that pushed her, "and you sir, the way you just touched me a few seconds ago was enough for me to report you not only to Head Auror Mr. Potter who I'll be seeing in few minutes, but to my friend Hermione Granger as well, who as I recall is the Head of your Deputy. So let us through and all of you get to keep your jobs!"

  The guards all stood still, their eyes darting between her and Malfoy.

  "You heard the lady." Malfoy emphasised.

  Catherine couldn't wait a second longer, she placed her hand in his and dragged him away from this mess. At first he stumbled a bit trying to keep up the pace but then he even her out. They walked hand in hand until they reached the lift. She was glad that it was empty and pulled him in, slamming the cage door shut. She pressed for level two and waited until the cabin jolted backwards.

  As soon as the lift was out of sight, stuck at an intersection out of public view, she pressed the emergency stop button.

  "What are you doing here?" She asked him.

  He stared down at her and crossed his arms, "I could ask you the same question."

  She barked out a single laugh and looked at him dead in the eye. He was taller than her so she had to tilt her head and for emphasis she too crossed her arms.

  "No, you don't get to ask me that because I saved your ass from getting detained and you are practically crashing my appointment with Harry so you better tell me-"

  "You look cute when you get pissed." He interrupted with a lazy smirk.

  She stopped talking and stared at him like he was crazy, "Don't change the subject Malfoy, what are you doing here, you know they won't just welcome you with- "