| 38 |

CATHERINE didn't want it to end. The feeling their bodies flushed together and the way his lips performed magic against hers. When the music faded to an end, they slowly pulled back. Still in each other's embrace, their eyes lock, chest heaving and breaths ragged. Draco gives her a smile that makes her heart flutter.

  "That was..." She tried to formulate words out of her mouth but they were still sealed by the kiss. "I don't know what to say."

  Draco chuckled, "A response any less than that and I would've been disappointed."

  "Trust me, there was nothing disappointing about it."

  Catherine's arms remained locked around his neck, her fingers slowly twirling around his hair. His thumb doing a similar motion on her back. Did you know that another person's touch could feel so damn good?

  "Why don't we test it out one more time just to be sure?" He grinned at her, his head dipping down for another kiss. She loved that he wasn't rushing it, he was letting their emotions run its course, savouring her sweetness until the very last drop.

  "Fucking finally!!" Someone shouted from behind her. Catherine broke away from their kiss to look, now standing beside Draco. It was Blaise who was fucking clapping and hollering like he just won the lottery.

  Theo was chuckling beside him, joining along, "I'm proud of you sweetie!"

  Draco's eyes went dangerously dark as he stared at them, his right hand still had a firm grip around her waist. Catherine could see him resisting the urge to shut Theo up with his fist.

  "They always fucking interrupt." Draco mumbled.

  "You can't kill your friends." Catherine reminded him with a chuckle. The mention of his first name seemed to snap him out of his stupor. "It's illegal."

  "Shame." He replied, "I'm stealing you for the night."

  "I think that's also illegal." Catherine mumbled.

  "Do you mind?" He asked her.

  Not even a little bit.

  He grabbed her hand and guided her towards the exit, far away from the crowds of people. She wanted to protest. She needed to tell Gabby that she was going to leave. She had work to do; she was still a representative of the hospital. She needed to report back on her investors behalf and the details...

  But for the first time in her life, she didn't really care. She just wanted to be alone with Draco.

  He was perfect for her, because he knew what she was thinking. He told the person at the main entrance to tell Greg and Gabby about them leaving, and to tell Gabby that Catherine was in safe hands.

  "Stop thinking about work. You already have an investor, and it's me. End of discussion."

  "I still need to report it to my superiors, you know, I have to give them details..."

  Draco tugged on her hand bringing her closer to him, "I'll give ten million galleons to the hospital tomorrow, no worries."

  "Ten million?! People are going to think I snog you for money!" She whispered harshly.

  "People also know that I have billions worth of inheritance sitting at home collecting dust. I know the hospital means a lot to you so yeah I'm helping all that I can. I already told Professor Smethwyck as well. So let's just enjoy this night, just the two us."

  He placed a hand on her back, guiding her. "So you didn't kiss me for the money?"

  She pulled back a little to elbow him in the rib, making sure to put some pressure on it. He groaned, caught off guard by his actions. "Of course not, who do you think I am!"