Chapter 2

Apartment Building, A Few Days Later

Y/N: "The doctor is back... At night."

Closing the door softly so as not to catch anyone's attention, Y/N returned to his current housing. A small, cozy hotel room that he had booked for up until he had to eventually depart from Vale. Helping those who couldn't afford medical care was not a one-place job, so he had no permanent housing for the time being. The room he had was nice enough, as it contained a bed, a window, a table with some chairs, among other stuff which he did not find a use for.

Y/N: "Now, let's get started.."

Placing down his case on the side of the table, he took off the bag from his head, taking a deep breath of fresh air. He would only do this in places where he was sure that he was in private, as his identity being revealed would bring him more trouble than what it is worth.

He checked it out and placed it in a drawer with other bags he had collected. A small hobby he had gotten from his travels was collecting various paper bags of all kinds since he could take them anywhere he would go, which helped him pass the time when he was doing nothing. Putting on a pair of rounded glasses, he merely sighs and opens the book he had taken from the library.

Y/N: "Section one... I can feel that this is going to be a long night."

And it was. Y/N had spent hours researching the book he had taken, but every type of poison ended up in the same way: A dead end. No matter how much he had searched for, he couldn't draw a link to the strange toxin that Ozpin informed him about. The night slipped by his hands as he got increasingly more frustrated.

Y/N: "Rrgh. DAMN IT!"

Y/N let out a cry of repressed anger, as he slammed his fist into the table, before calming himself down.

"CAW CAW CAWWW!"

The birds already started singing. He had gone through the entire night researching this subject, with no degree of attainment towards this strange case. Sighing, he merely lays back in his chair and stares at the ceiling, his slightly fluorescent-colored eyes shone through his glasses.

Y/N: ".....How did I get here in the first place..?"

As if reminiscing, suppressed specks of memories had resurfaced to his mind, as they reminded him of why he was in this whole mess.

"Mister, I'm going to be fine, right?"

"Yes, sweetheart. I promise that nothing will go wrong in the operation. Now, sleep tight. You need to have a consistent sleeping schedule, after all!"

.

.

.

"...Why? Everything was going fine in the operation, so why did this come to be?! Wake up! I know you're here! Please!"

.

.

.

"I must...atone.."

.

.

.

"Doctor L/N! We can fix this together, you don't need to run away!"