"There are always men like you" (Avengers 2012)

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, back with John and Shadow, whom were walking through the halls of the Helicarrier, Shadow seemed ecstatic.

"Oh, man, that was intense," Shadow said with a giant grin on his face.

"Try not to sound too excited," John simply stated as they continued walking.

"This is the most entertainment I've had in the last 3 years!" Shadow held up three fingers, "How I could I not be excited?"

John stopped his advance and looked at Shadow for a moment.

"What?" Shadow asked him, confused.

John said nothing before sighing, shaking his head and walking off.

"Oh, c'mon John!" Shadow called after him, "We were having a moment!" he waited for Ghost to answer, "....John?"

....

As they are waiting to locate Loki using satellite facial recognition, Coulson and Steve stand side by side, waiting as both John and Shadow both just enter the room, Phil not noticing either of them.

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble," Coulson said to Steve as he had his hands clasped in front of him humbly.

"No, no. It's fine," Steve said to Coulson as he had his arms folded, his mind reeling back to what had happened earlier that day in Fury's office.

"It's a vintage set. It took me a couple of years to collect them all," Coulson could feel himself swaying as he began to feel giddy with a proud smile on his face, "Near mint, slight foxing around the edges, but--"

"I don't rightfully think that matters much, vintage is still vintage," John comments as he walks up to them.

"Huh," Phil turns around before his eyes widen and his mouth opens, "Oh...U--Uh, Hi, I'm--"

"Phil Coulson, right?" John asks him with a smile, "I remember you. You've been chasing me for a long time."

"And...The Ghost knows my name," Phil scratches his head nervously, "Wow."

Steve whom is standing to the side chuckles and shakes his head.

"It. Is. SUCH. an honor, sir," Phil shook John's hand vigorously, "I'm a big fan of your work... I mean, not that it was good...I mean...not that it's not good, I just meant--"

John chuckled now, "I understand where you're coming from, Phil, there's no need to be nervous. These days I'm just a regular old citizen."

"Uh, yes, absolutely, John...may I call you John?" Phil begins, "I mean, I know we've just met and everything--"

"We got a hit. Sixty-seven percent match. Weight, cross match, seventy- nine percent," Agent Jasper Sitwell's voice is suddenly heard.

"Location?" Phil asks Japser, now going into work mode.

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28, Konigstrasse. He's not exactly hiding," Sitwell comments.

"Captain, Ghost, Shadow... You're up," the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. states from where he stands at the control panel.

He looks back to John and Shadow, whom both nod along with Steve as they leave. Nick sighed, at least they were able to put their differences aside for the mission at hand.

As John was making his way towards the room he had on the Helicarrier, Phil jogs after him, "Uh, Mr. Smith!"

John stops his advance and looks towards Agent Coulson, "Phil, how may I help you?"

"Uh--Actually, I was wondering if I could be of some help to you," Phil began which made John raise a brow at him.

....