Chapter 31

Moments later, I step into the apartment being greeted by Ross's arms wrapping around me, spinning me around.
"I missed you so much" ross mumbles into the crook of my neck as he puts me down still having his arms around me.
I smile. "Good because I miss you" I say kissing his cheek.
"What's in your hands?" Ross ask.
"It's my dad's will"
"Did you open it?" He ask again.
I shook my head.
"Why not?"
"I wanted to read it with you by my side" I confess making him smile big.
"Well let's read it then"
We walk to the living room and sit on the couch. Ross grabs me by my waist and pulls me onto his lap.
"Let's open it baby" resting his head on my shoulder.
I nod and begin to tear the envelop open. As I do, nervousness floods through my body. This will is my dad's last words to me. I begin to shake a bit wondering if I was capable to even read the first word.
"What's wrong Laura? You're shaking" ross points out.
"I-I'm just scared of what I'll read"
"What if it isn't what I expect it to be. What if there is dreadful stuff inside it that'll haunt me for life?" I continue.
"Well maybe but you haven't opened it yet so you don't know what to expect. Also, you can't let this fear get the best of you, this is the last words that your dad has to say to you, the answer that you're looking for" he reminds me.
"It's okay if you don't want to open it but if I were you, I would" he adds.
I take another long look at the envelop again. I could receive the answers that I was wanting for a long time, but I didn't have to read it as soon as I got it.
"I will" I start. "But I'll do it later on" I add as I close the envelop.
Ross nods in agreement.
"I understand, lots of stuff to take in after this crazy journey" he says.
"Yeah" I huff.
I turn my body around so that my legs are at both sides of him, straddling him as I'm face to face with his sparkling hazel eyes.
"Thank you" I whisper.
"What for?" He ask with a puzzled look on his face.
"I wouldn't have known what love and life was about without you. For my whole life, I've been playing it safe while I was in danger, but you came into y life and made it x100 better. I don't know what I'd do without you but I know that I'd so do this again in a heartbeat" I spill smiling sincerely.
He gives me a small smile but it doesn't last long and is replaced with a frown.
"B-But your dad died and we lost our baby" he reminds me.
I sigh. "I know but it wasn't your fault. Even if I had to get stay away with you to protect myself I wouldn't care and be with you 24/7" I confess.
His face is covered by a huge smile on his face.
"So you'd do this whole thing all over again?" He questions.
"In a heartbeat" I answer.
"Even hangout with me even though you'd probably get into more danger?" He questions again.
"Yes. In a heartbeat" I repeat.
He smiles and wraps his arms around me tight.
"I love you, thank you for making my life better" he muffles into my shoulder.
"It was my pleasure" is all I say.
Cheesy right? It feels like we're in a sappy romantic film but it didn't matter. Even if we were in a horror I wouldn't care if the monster was about to kill us, I'd be happy dying in Ross's arms.

I'd always be happy with ross by my side, and there was nothing that could harm or separate us, after everything, we're pretty much stuck together like glue.

The End.