Chapter 9

I was laying in bed wearing my sweats and a loose yet comfortable shirt. My stomach pains were gone now but I didn't bother telling Ross. It's kind of cute seeing him so nurse-ly on me. Anyways, I'm trying to figure out what's been going on with me. I feel angry and hurt whenever I see girls around Ross. I feel something weird in my stomach whenever he smiles and laughs or compliments me, or just does something to me in general. I don't know but I've never felt this way in a long time. The last time I felt this way was when I-- Oh hell no! I can't! I just met Ross only a few days ago! I can't possibly like him so soon! I-It's probably nothing. Y-Yeah, it's probably just my teenage girl hormones or something. Ew. Maybe a nice hot shower will help this. I get up and walk into my bathroom turning the water on making sure it's hot and put it on shower. I undress and walk in the tub soaking myself in hot water.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Laura? Laura?!" I hear.
Ross.
"Yes?"
"I made you some food in the kitchen if you want to eat. I got to go do something but I'll be right back!" he says.
"Okay!" I reply.
Soon I heard no more from him and went on with my nice warm showering.

. . .

I was eating the food that Ross made me on the table. I felt so lonely and sad without his presence. I feel..... like I miss him? Ugh, that shower did so not help! Should I tell Ross or something? I don--

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Who could that be? Ross always brings his key. I get up and walk over to the door taking a peek in the peep hole. It was just Hilary. I open the door for her and she walks in.
"Hey Hilary" I say, shutting the door.
Where were you?" she ask.
"I didn't feel well so Ross and I went home" I explain.
"Are you okay?" she ask.
"Yeah I'm fine, they're gone now"
"Are you okay? You usually have a strong immune system"
"It's probably something that I ate"
"What did you eat?" she ask again.
What is this? A interrogation?
"Um.... expired cream cheese" I say with a nervous smile plastered on my face.
Well I'm screwed.
"There was no cream cheese there and besides, Sean is lactose intolerant" she confirms.
Oh shit.
I huff out a sigh. "You got me"
"What's the real problem?" she ask concern crossing her arms.
"That's the thing, I don't know" I confess walking over to the couch and plop myself on it.
I hear soft footsteps walk over and soon Hilary is sitting next to me.
"You know what's the problem with yourself, what is it?"
"You'll probably think it's stupid"
"No. I mean, I do a lot, and I mean A LOT of stupid things" she stats.
It made me stiffer a little laugh.
"But you always lie and try your hardest not to laugh, so that's what I'm gonna do"
"Awe Hil. That's so sweet"
"I know" she cockily says.
"Well I don't really know but, I saw Ross talking to some girls and felt something weird in my stomach" I confess.
"Do you like him Laur?"
"I don't know. I mean, I only felt that weird feeling one time"
"It was with Greg, wasn't it?" she finishes my sentence.
I sigh. "Yeah"
"But I don't know if I really do like him. I mean, I just met him a few days ago and I can't possibly like him now"
"Maybe it's love at first sight"
"At first sight, I wanted to hit him with a frying pan like Rapunzel did with Flynn"
"Well that doesn't count"
"That was my first sight of him though"
"Ugh! Just let me have a moment for once! Please Laura!"
I laugh. "Alright alright"
Suddenly, Hilary gets a beep from her phone.
"Oh crap! I gotta go Laur. Mother's orders" she says as she stood up.
"Alright, cya later"
She was about to walk out of the house but stopped herself and looked at me.
"Think about your feelings Laur, okay?"
"Um... okay but--"
"Just do it" and she walks out without letting me speak.
What does she mean by that?