Chapter 24

I finally found the car but there was people surrounding the car. The guys in black suits that was chasing ross and I before. How the hell am I suppose to get to the car now?! Well the good thing is when they leave I can follow them and get to their headquarters.

. . .

Finally they decided to leave. As soon as they drive off I quickly get in my car and subtly follow them. I'll finally get this over with.

. . .

They stop and I stop a few feet away, the rest of the way I walked on foot. I hid behind a tree to make sure the coast was clear. Once I was 100% sure the coast is clear I moved out. I found an open window at the side of the house. I stealthily race over to the window. I make sure no one is there, I crawl inside. Once I'm on my feet a weird feeling just courses through my body, it feels like I've been here before. Eh I just shrug it off and just get this over with. I sneak around the house trying to find my way around the house.

. . .

I think I made a few wrong turns because I'm like in a lair/basement place. It felt kind of creepy and I felt a strong disturbing feeling at the pit of my stomach. I ignored it and went in deeper to investigate and figure out where am I exact. Suddenly there was a voice from behind.
"Laura, been so long" the voice behind me said.
That voice... it sounds so familiar. I slowly turn my whole body around to just have my breathe taken away from me. I was absolutely stunned.
"You do remember me, don't you?" He ask. "Or are you just to stupid to remember?" He adds with some sass.
"Y-Y-You're--" I got interrupted.
"Greg's dad? Why yes I am. Finally took you long enough" he barks.
"I honestly don't understand what my son sees in you before and still today"
Greg still loves me? It doesn't matter, I shove that thought at the back of my head.
"You're the one behind all of this? You're the one who asked those guys to follow ross & I to let me loose my baby? You're the one who killed me father"
"Yes well he should've committed his task. He was suppose to get me money but kept on delaying it" he tells me.
"He was in jail. He was completely broke. He would've--" he cuts me off again.
"He called me right after he got out of jail. He said he wasn't gonna give me the money. So I took things into my own hands and did what had to be done" he simply says.
He's kidding right?
"There's a million other ways besides killing my dad! He's the only thing that I had left but you took him away from me!" I shout at him.
"Oh boo hoo hoo. I've lost many people in my life, you'll get over it"
"Well you're not gonna get away with this! I'm calling you in to the cops!" I exclaim.
He laughs a low laugh.
"What evidence do you have?"
I then hold up my phone that was still recording this entire conversation. From beginning to end.
"This, is what I have" I show him with a smirk on my face.
I then start to make a run for it but he pulls me back making me drop my phone and have it shatter on the hard tile floor broken.
Oh crap.
"Let me go!" I shout struggling through his grip.
I soon felt a hard metal feeling to the side of my head. I soon figured out, it was a gun.
"You've been exposed too much of my plans. It's best if you just put it down in your grave" he whispers to me.
I guess this is what ross wanted me to avoid.