Chapter 28

Ross and I were on the road back to our home town, California. I miss shining hot sun kissing my face every time I wake up. The memories of me and my dad. Dad, I miss him so much. I missed his funeral. My grandparents understood what I was going through and everything but I'm planning to visit him at his grave later on, after I get everything in place.
"You okay Laur? You've been really quiet for the past hour" Ross remarks not taking his eyes off of the road.
"I'm good, I just miss my dad and want things to go back to normal" I answer.
Ross nods and rest his right hand on my thigh rubbing his thumb on my skin. I take a deep sigh.
"Things will get better, trust me" Ross comforts me.
I smile a bit and look at him."Thats what my dad told me when I was visiting him" I say.
"Well things will" agreeing with my dad.
"I try to think it will but I can't. My dad's gone, my mom doesn't bother to see if I'm alright, all of my family members are far away from me and my--" I stop.
I haven't heard from Hilary in so long. She was the glue that was keeping my broken parts together, ross was just making the glue last longer, but now, after my dad's death, my unborn child's death and losing my one and only best friend, that glue is barely holding on. I'm breaking slowly.
"I know things are tough now but that's just how life is" Ross reminds me.
He's right. The world may be the thing that's letting me live but it's still a bitch, a pain in the ass, just a horrible companion that you don't want to know. The world just wants us to slowly break and right now, it's working on me but Ross is pulling me away from world's plans on taking me in fully.
I look at him as he keeps driving. His hair was messed up because he ran out of gel, but it was working for him, he looked way more hotter.
I realize that I don't thank enough. He's done so much for me, protect me just like my dad asked him to, stood by my side when things got ugly, he's made me the happiest that I've ever been.
"Ross" I holler above the music on the radio.
Ross turns the radio off so he could hear me more clearly.
"Yeah?" He answers.
"Thank you" I say.
A confused look smacks on his face.
"What?" He questions. "Thank you for what?" He ask.
"For being there for me when things got ugly, being there when I needed someone, being there after the people I loved left me. Just thank you" I say.
A smile slowly creeps up his lips.
"You're welcome baby, anything to make you safe and happy" kissing my hand.
"You make me safe and happy so thank you" I just reply.
He laughs a bit.
"Don't be so sweet or I'll start thinking on taking advantage of this" he jokes.
I just hit him as my reply. He laughs and turns the radio back on. I lean back on my seat and just enjoy this time with my baby.