Chapter 6: Love Me. Love Me Not

I couldn’t stop laughing but I said to him “look if you are staying here for a while so the police don’t suspect you of killing him and attacking me” as I said that he cut me off “well…ha not just him and not just you, well almost not you” he said nervously “WHAT, your telling me there’s more!” which I aggressively said, “a couple more…, think there’s a lot of people in our old school and he was the last” as he said that, literally my hand hit my forehead “Corey… one maybe but… gurr!” as I clenched my fists and as I  pasted back and forth.

“Look it isn’t so bad at least you haven’t killed anyone” he said in a confident tone, “Corey! I covered for you if they find out were both dead” as I finished my sentence I looked at the clock to see the time “oh crap…” “What’s wrong?” Corey questioned.

I pointed to the clock on my dining room wall 3:26am “I have work, come on Bruce bedtime.

Corey we will talk in the morning or after work okay”. “Where do I sleep?” Corey questioned “spare room just across the bathroom okay.

I need to sleep”. “Goodnight Callie” Corey said as he got some food before bed, as for me I got laid in bed, I wasn’t really tired but I needed some space to think, I really can’t concentrate my mind is blank around him. As I thought some more about Corey, Bruce came up to my chest and got laid down I looked at him while stroking him “Bruce I don’t know what to do, I mean….I think I like him but I’m not hundred percent certain because my stomach, my chest, my feelings have never felt this way before”.

What I didn’t know was that Corey was stood right outside the door!.

As the morning came I sat on the chair outside while I let Bruce out, Corey came outside and sat at the side of me. I looked at him and smiled. “Morning” he said in a chirpy way.

I have never seen him smile so much in my life. My stomach felt so weird when I see him smile at me, I… felt sick in a good way, I was so nervous and sweaty, and my palms were clammy.

My heart dropped when Corey said “I heard what you said last night”.

I couldn’t speak I was trying so hard to say something but I felt like I was muted, my eyes widened when I saw him leaning in like he was leaning in to kiss me… I did the same until we both paused so we could look into each other’s eyes.

It was magical, I could feel his breath on mine but this time he could feel mine. I didn’t want it to end.

We slowly got closer our lips nearly locked until my mother burst into the back garden. We both jumped “hi mom, what are you doing here?” I questioned “well just dropping off Bruce’s things from when I was looking after him while you were in the hospital” my mother said.

I smiled at her while jolting my head towards Corey. “Oh I will leave you two alone... I will just put his things here okay... Love you” my mother said in an awkward way as she left my house.

Me and Corey just laughed and leaded back into our chairs and took a deep breath of relief. “Well that was fun” Corey giggled, “Yeah… well I’m heading to work now... See you when I get back.

Oh please look after my Bruce Corey” I asked nicely, “I will I promise, see you later Callie” he replied.

I thought all day at work thinking about our nearly first kiss as I was thinking I bit my lower lip.

I thought to myself I really hope we could try it again but I’m so nervous just thinking about it, like what if I mess up or maybe he didn’t like the kiss and doesn’t like me after it, gurr its all my fault.

If I didn't see him kill, I wouldn't have met him, Maybe this is destiny maybe we are supposed to get together.

After I finished work I stood at my front door taking deep breaths in and out before I open it.

One last breath and I walked in, Corey slammed the fridge door shut and looked at me in an angry way. “Finally your home... There’s no food in the fridge!” “Corey there is… you need to make the food first” I replied back to him.

“Corey are you okay… I mean there’s no point for you to get angry?” I said to him in a concerned way “well… you need to make some!” he snapped back “you know what Corey… go, I’m not putting up with you if you’re going to be this nasty so just go!” I said that as I pointed to the door.

He left with the door slamming behind him, I ran upstairs crying my eyes out with Bruce chasing behind me.

I just laid there cuddling my pillow wondering what I did wrong, my heart was in pieces I honestly thought I was going to die my chest was in agony, I couldn’t breathe I felt like I was having a panic attack.

It was the worse feeling ever, that night I cried myself to sleep. I woke up to the discomfort of almost like someone was watching me.

I glanced at my phone its 1:02am I sat up in bed…my whole body was aching… I saw a shadow in the corner of my eye… I couldn’t move… I was trying so hard to speak but no words came out until I could force out a huge shriek, Corey came rushing in and grabbed my whole head into his arms saying in a sweet moving way “I’m here Callie I’m here” I just wrapped my arms around him just crying into his chest, I have never felt this safe in my whole life.