Chapter 4: Memories

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow and said “please, just tell them I’m your friend and that I'm innocent, I need to do something.

It’s really important, don’t do it for me do it for that poor guy” as he looked away and pulled a mischievous grin.

As I was about to say something he cut me off again! and said “or I could just tell them the truth.

Yes I would be put in prison but so would you for lying to the police” in a very annoyed voice while I was pacing back and forth trying to think of something then I thought for a while he really did say sorry and he didn't want to hurt me.

“Sit down” I commanded maybe regretting my decision and he did what I said which was surprising as I put the hand cuffs back on him I looked at him and he looked back at me I couldn’t help it but smile I knew he meant well, I started to walk away but I  stopped dead in my tracks to look back at him.

“Yeah he’s is my friend, he was with me but he didn't hurt me.

It's not him” I said trying to sound confident, the chief said in a very concerned voice “are you positive you sound all shaken up”.

“Callie you can tell the truth” my mother said in a soft voice “yes he's an old friend that’s why I took so long, we got talking for a long time” I said trying to make my lie sound convincing. Trying not to show my sweat as I thought his name, HIS NAME! I know it I need to know it.

I walked over to the window and pulled open the curtains and looked at him and said “look he didn't hurt me he's an innocent guy he would never hurt a fly” which makes it hard to believe.

“Okay then if he is your friend what’s his name” oh crap how do I find out his name then a lightbulb appeared above my head I pulled open the curtains and then mouthed to him “what’s your name?” “Corey” he mouthed back Corey I thought I like that name but it sounds so familiar. I turned around and said it why do I always mess up “look to prove he is my friend, he will stay at mine and you can check up on me every day to prove he isn’t a killer” as I looked at him with a concerned look and thought with a big sigh will I regret this?.

As we arrived to my house I ran into the kitchen and he stood in the hallway between the back door and the kitchen so I knew I was kind of safe and so I could see his facial expression and maybe try and understand what he was thinking, I couldn’t help but my full body was shaking as I saw his facial expression turn from kind of miserable to a smile a nice smile actually, white shiny teeth, I think I would have really been less scared if he didn’t smile.

He walked towards me and again I’m in this predicament, me pinned up against something, I was so sick of it I was about to push him away…until he.

Hugged.

Me! I was so baffled. I grabbed his shoulders and slightly pushed him I think I’m more scared because he hugged me, I need him to try and kill me again, he pulled a confused face and he laughed as he said in a really excited voice “thank you” now okay this is more freaky than ever, I tilted my head in confusion and he said and in the same tone of voice “you helped me even though I have to live with you for a while until the police are off my case, then I can continue what I came here to do!” “Excuse me?!” I said in a high pitched voice “oh yeah I need to finish what I stared!” I walked over to the dining room so I could have at least a meter distance away from him “What exactly do you need to finish?” I questioned him “oh come on Callie” just before he could finish his sentence “I never told you my name?” as I looked at him, like he always looks at me with his squinted eyes, his condescending look and his amazing smile, wait no I’m mad at him. Then all of a sudden his face, his face looked scared for once.

“Corey!?” I said in a loud tone “ha I never told you my name” he said in a not so convincing way “yes you did. Corey come on tell me now!”.

About 4 years ago when Callie was in high school “Callie Evens wake up now it’s not nap time its math time!” shrieked Mrs Halsworth Callie woke up nearly falling off her chair in shock. Callie looked around the room trying not to get spotted also trying to comprehend her surroundings, Callie spots a shy and mysterious guy sat at the back at the room, she stares at him feeling sad for him, then Mrs Halsworth calls out Callie’s name for the register as Callie reply’s “here” as she still stares at the lonely guy, then his name gets called out “Corey Black” he looks at the teacher until someone calls out “looser” in a cocky and smug way as the rest of the class starts bursting out laughing except Callie and Corey looks at her with the widest smile as he realises she’s not laughing.

Couple of minutes later Callie walks outside and happily skips her way to the front door of the school as she gets out side she feels a tap on her shoulder is was Corey and he says “thank you” in a shy but cute way “no problem but I don’t think bullying is funny” Callie said in a sweet and kind way Corey smiled “maybe if you don’t have a date would you want to go to the dance tonight with me” Corey said in a very hesitant tone before Callie could say anything a big and intimidating bully shouted at Corey “HEY do you really think someone like you could go out with someone like her!”

as he gets up all in Corey’s face Callie try’s pulling him away shouting “leave him alone!” but before Callie could do anything the bully and all his friends started to gang up on Corey and attack him everywhere they possibly could.