Chapter 1: Change

Hey… so my name is Callie, I’m a 19 years old, born on the 12th of February, single child from Cambridge MA America.

It was a normal boring Saturday, nothing to do but chill in the garden.  Just some familiarities so we know each other, so my life is pretty damn boring.

I do the usual 19 year old stuff, partying at dead end bars… getting into the all  kinds of trouble, Yeah right but importantly, hanging with my bffs! I haven’t got many friends as… well I stick to myself.

I study at Harvard, health and social, it’s not super entertaining but with my caring nature I really wanna be a caretaker for the elderly but as of right now, MY LIFE IS Boring! Literally nothing happens, the brightest part of every day is my 3 legged Chihuahua Bruce. He is THE cutest dog ever! I pay bills for my small house, my mother says I was mature enough to get my own house.

I agree! I love the peace and quiet to study, makes it 10 times easier to study. Today is just normal, plain Saturday.

I play with my dog maybe study a little bit but my favourite part of every Saturday is taking my dog for a walk round to my mother and fathers house and I sit in the back garden and yes I do have one but mine is all buildings it’s pretty blank but my mother and father's is just amazing I sit there all nice and comfy with a blanket, a book or maybe my phone and just enjoy the outstanding view of the sun setting and the warmth of the sun it just feels like a warm hug, its literally the best part of my day but...

it wasn’t the perfect time yet, sadly it’s only 3pm it needs to be at least 7pm or 8pm.

All I did all day was read my book, play with my dog and took a bath after I finished I looked at the time and I screaked with excitement its time so I tied my long blond hair in a plat, added my contacts in my bright green eyes.

Yes I'm blind okay and set off, so I texted my mother, she said they weren’t in so she told me where the spare key was.

Which has always been in the same place ever since I could remember. In a plastic container under a rock covered by soil but as I was writing that part I whispered don’t tell anyone, so with my dog on the end of the lead, a smile on my face and my favourite things in my backpack I started walking.

So let’s get on with my crazy, crazy story. I never knew how much my life would change today because everything is so repetitive but I don’t mind being at my mother and fathers place all the time.

It was just a normal day which surprised me because looking back on it today it was just a day until it reached 7:30pm.

I normally like to sit in my mother and father's back garden, they have a nice woodland part and it’s so nice to watch the sun go down.

I sat there reading my book and playing with my dog even sometimes I like to watch the birds because they have a lot near the woodland part and I look through my binoculars and watch the birds closely and carefully so I don’t scare them away.

I was on my own apart from my dog Bruce which was a little fluffy ball of fur, my mother and father was out but they don’t mind that I sit there in their back garden. It was pretty warm even though it reached 8:15pm and the sun stared to go down so I cuddled up to my dog and watched the delightful view.

Just a while later I opened my eyes in a disordered way thinking I dropped off to sleep but to think of it, even though I did basically nothing today, I felt so tired.

I studied for 4 hours straight no wonder why I was so tired, I took a glimpse at my dog which he was curled up in a little ball I looked at my phone wondering what time it was I was dumbfounded at the time it was 4:17am! My eyes widened as I thought to myself I need to head home.

I stud up and told my dog to head in with the door slamming behind, so he couldn’t come back out so I grabbed all my things until I heard an ear-splitting cry for help! I could see something in the distance but couldn’t quite make it out so I grabbed my binoculars so I could see what was making such a blaring noise.

I saw a man running or jogging maybe I wasn’t quite sure, a thought came over my head maybe just an early jogger but at 4:25am I made a confused look on my face as I thought.

I took another peep though my binoculars still baffled as to who made that shriek of a cry for help. The man was still running? Jogging? But something made me believe it was the man asking for help, he stared waving his arms back and forth like a bird trying to fly I paused at the thought on how he could see me and I also paused again trying so hard to think on what to do? How to help? And why was he running? As I continued looking a wave of sickness hit my stomach a dark figure came sprinting out of the woods towards the man I watched in horror as the dark figure caught up to the man and my eyes flashed before my eyes as the dark figure slit the man’s throat I watched that in trepidation, I was Paralyzed with fear I didn’t know what to do.

The man saw me! The only thing that could move was my mouth. My mouth dropped as I moved my binoculars away from my eyes even though I couldn’t see that far away I could tell, I could sense he was sprinting towards me! I thought to myself you need to run, as I moved away and left all my belongings I slipped in some wet and sticky mud.

I didn’t care that I was covered in mud, it's the fact my life was at risk.