♧︎︎︎Third year; Black in the Castle♧︎︎︎

Y/n's POV
______________ 

The morning after Sirius Black was found in the castle, everyone headed back to the common rooms. Black nowhere to be seen. However, Harry and I continue to keep our guard up higher than the others, for obvious reasons.

Halfway into our day, we were sitting in our Defense Against Dark Arts class waiting for the professor to show up.  Heads turn to the door as it bursts open to reveal Professor Snape rushing through the classroom. Closing all of the blinds on the windows with a wave of his wand as he walked to the front.

"Open your books and turn to page 394," Snape looks around the room, appearing utterly annoyed. I watch as Draco blows a paper swan over towards Harry, but before I got to see what was on it, he crumpled it up.

Draco and his stupid white-haired git followers laugh. I turn my head and realize Professor Snape was still here instead of Professor Lupin. I was really looking forward to his class today, I wonder what could have happened. 

"Where's Professor Lupin?" I raise my eyebrows, "We will raise our hands when we ask questions, Miss L/n." I huff and raise my hand.

Snape rolls his eyes, "Yes, L/n."

"Where is Professor Lupin?" I ask slightly annoyed, "He is sick today, turn to page 394." Snapes spits out, walking toward the projector and powering it on. Harry looks at me, watching for any signs of out of ordinary behavior that could get me in trouble. I know that look very well by now.

Professor Snape notices Ron spacing out while flipping pages trying to find page 394, the Professor points his wand at Rons' book, and it magically finds the page.

"Werewolves?" Ron exclaims.

The full moon was last night. Now Professor Lupin is missing from class, after his boggart appeared as a moon as well. Surely not. 

"But sir- we were just starting redcaps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks," Hermione states, turning around facing Professor Snape. "When did she get here!? Did you see her come in?" Ron asking the poor kid beside him. Hermione ignores Ron as she flips through her book, finding the page.

"And today we are going to be learning about werewolves, Miss Granger." Snape glares at Hermione, and I glare at Snape, slowly losing my patience.

"But sir -"

"Silence!"

"Now... Can anyone tell me the difference in an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape asks. Hermione's hand shoots up in the air, "No one?" Professor Snape asks again, pretending not to see Hermione.

"Potter...how about -"

"Hermione obviously knows the answer! Why not call on her!? If Harry knew, then his hand would have been raised. " I slam my hand onto the desk, standing up, and Harry pulled me back down onto my seat. I huff in frustration; Snape can be such a sore at times.

Snapes glares at me and rolls his eyes, acting as if he didn't hear a word I said, "Does no one know?"

"Please sir- an Animagus is a wizard who wishes to turn into an animal, a werewolf has no choice with each full moon when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is, he'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, a werewolf only responds to a howl of its own howl, " Hermione says quickly.

Draco howls loudly in a mocking manner, and Crabbe laughs.  "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy," Snape glares over at Draco as a warning.

"That is the second time you have spoken out of turn here, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all!" He went on slowly walking closer towards Hermione.