Chapter 6: The Deal Is On

Start from the beginning

"I like that plan but it does seem a bit you know.." Marinette trailed off.

"It's going to hurt them, break their hearts, I know Marinette but it seems like this was a long time coming for the both of us," Jon said and Marinette sighed, it was true as much as she hated to admit it. They had both fallen out of love.

"I'll see you in an hour then," Marinette said hanging up. Her head hit the pillow as she stared up at the ceiling. Her eyes closed and she saw emerald looking back at her, neat black hair, and a black turtle neck hand extended to take hers as simple piano played forcing her to open her eyes as a knock on her window shook her out of her thoughts. Had she really been out for an hour? She looked at the window expecting to see Jon floating there instead she saw Robin, Jon's soon to be ex-boyfriend on her windowsill.

"Should I be worried?" she asked and Robin shook his head.

"There's just a bad guy in the area, I needed a way into the building," Robin said hoping through the window and toward her door.

"I thought you said I shouldn't be worried," Marinette said reaching for the necklace around her neck holding the charm tight.

"Right, you shouldn't cause I'm here to take him down," Robin said in a duh kind of voice which made Marinette both irritated and giddy.

"Mhm, then why are you still here talking to me?" Marinette asked and Robin's eyes widened behind his mask and a light red tinge found its way to his cheeks.

"Cause you were asking... nevermind," Robin said opening the door and slamming it behind him.

"Holy shit I'm in too deep," Marinette said and a second knock on the glass made her jump. "Jon!" she yelled at the hovering boy who just laughed at her.

"Here," he said handing her the phone. "We should probably put the right number for my phone in there, Damian changed it," Jon said answering the burning question of why he didn't call on Marinette's mind.

"Tell me about Damian," Marinette said sitting down. Jon sat across from her nodding.

"He was raised by a group called the League of Assassins, always thought he was better than everyone else and didn't have the need for friends, I was his first real friend I guess you could say, he likes animals a lot, he's serious but knows when to loosen up when he needs to, he's protective of those he cares about, he'll never want anything to happen to you once he knows you well enough and you accept him, he's brash and explosive but calm and welcoming at the same time. He's so many things that it'll make you wonder why he doesn't have friends but he won't trust you unless you prove yourself to him," Jon filed off everything he knew about Damian with admiration in his tone that made Marinette feel sick, she was taking him away from Jon but Jon didn't love him anymore, at least that's what he insisted.

"He sounds amazing," Marinette said looking at Jon with honest eyes.

"He's not without his flaws of course, now tell me about Adrien," Jon said impatiently.

"He's funny, strong, charismatic, he falls hard and fast but once he does you're the center of his attention, he'll play for you a simple melody and it will feel like you and him and the only one's in the world. You'll fall for him and he'll catch you every time, he's heroic and brave but he's also lonely and craves you which means you have to be there for him to support him. He hasn't had the best childhood, he lost his mother and his father is hardly there for him but he's happy nonetheless," Marinette said counting everything she knew about Adrien.

"I know a way for you to get Damian," Jon said getting up and grabbing her hands taking her with him. "I planned on getting him a cat for his birthday which is in two days but you can give her to him instead, here's the address of where she is and I'll send you the other details later," Jon said and Marinette's eyes widened.

"You know what you can do for Adrien?" Marinette asked and Jon shook his head. "I studied music for a year and wrote a piece for him, all you have to do is write the words, bring this to him tomorrow, it's the anniversary of his mother's death which sucks that I'm breaking up with him tonight but it'll be perfect ok, you can sing right?" Marinette asked and Jon turned red making Marinette laugh. "I'll take that as a yes," Marinette said. "Now shoo, go write ok?" Marinette said and Jon walked over to the window before turning his head to look at her.

"Good luck Marinette," Jon said smiling holding his arms out and she ran over to hug him.

"You too," she whispered.

The deal was on, and oh how chaotic it was going to be.

A/n: Next chapter is going to be just Jon and Adrien and the following chapter will be just Marinette and Damian both are important to the story.