Ch. XLII Atsumu x Mishi | Airplanes

A/N - Since the plot is almost close to the timeskip, I decided to make chapters about Haikyuu characters with their respective OC of mine. They contribute along the way to the Timeskip. The next chapter will be about Suna x Miyoko.

"What does that mean?" Mishi felt like she's been insulted by Atsumu. He shakes his head and set at the edge of the couch. Her gaze followed him as Kimika called over Rina and Mamoru for some treats in the kitchen. Osamu helped with giving the treats to them while she looks over to the living room to see them talking with each other. Or are they? 

Mishi blinks and waited for him to say something, seeing Atsumu clears his throat as he avoided her gaze. He sat back and placed his hands behind his head to relax. He sighs and looked at the ceiling. 

"I....lost....to a bet....with Mika." He mutters, sighing afterwards as if weight lifted off of him. "And she...um...I." Mishi started to get annoyed at how he couldn't speak to her like normal. She leans on the armrest and exhales slowly to get her words in order. "Atsumu?" 

He looks up at her in confusion. "...maybe I should go first." He nods in agreement, relieved but still feels a little guilt that's covering his pride. 

"You haven't responded to any of my texts after the tournament. I'm beginning to think that..." She had to stop herself from choking before she looked straight in his eyes which gave her his full attention. "..that, we aren't close anymore." 

"That's not all, Mishi." Atsumu bursts, scooting over closer to her as she shifts and faced him. "I-dammit! I admit...that the lost affected me because I really-really thought we could've went far." 

"And you took that out on me, Atsumu." Mishi points out. "I was trying to be a great girlfriend by supporting you. I didn't understand why you lashed at me. And giving me the silent treatment and opposing me didn't make me feel better. It seemed like you didn't want me to be around you."

"No, that's not it, Mishi." He sighs into his hands as his elbows met his knees. "I...I'm...sorry, Mishi..." He knew he had to say it. Even Mishi has been letting it go and isn't really mad about it, he lost his bet with Kimika because of the video game they were playing before Mishi arrived from Calligraphy Club. He sighed in his hand. "I may screw up and lash out but it wouldn't be meant for you."

Mishi shoulders droop as she moves closer to his side to wrap an arm around his back and leaning on his shoulder. They stayed like that in silence as Kimika and Osamu just hung out in the dinning room after they made got almost every snack box they bought from the convenient store in the pantry; from wrappers to paper plates, junk food are placed on the dinning table as Rina ran upstairs with a treat stick in her mouth to Miyoko while Mamoru stayed near Kimika eating his. 

Atsumu sighs in relief as he opened up to her. He boldly placed her on his lap as he just hugged her close to him. Mishi felt uncomfortable at first since it's been like what--a month? That they haven't been this close with each other. In return, she hugs his neck as he rests his face in her neck. 

"Let's move past this, Atsumu." Her fingers in his blonde hair. "Thank heavens, this is over." He hums in response and kissed her cheek in adoration. 

They stayed like that in silence until Mishi chuckles softly. "You sound like a child when you say sorry." 

"...yea yea............Shut up, Osamu!"

~~~

And my 1st year of high school ended like that.  

I recalled how I even met this handsome guy with a large fangirl club. I helped Kimika with putting those fangirls in their place. They bullied me in Middle School. Just for watching our volleyball teams. I was just casually staring in awe at the fact that the team had twins-without their dyed hair. Then, out of no where, the fanclub started to verbally attack me for just watching them play.