Ch.36 Almost There

Kimika's POV

It wasn't until I realized recalling my faint childhood of meeting Father's best friend. I felt more hyped than ever as I encounter Miyuki in the storage room.

"It's funny to realize we haven't spoken to each since the Training Camp." Miyuki chuckles as I nod in agreement.

"Yea, it has been very tense these past few days." I chime in, sporting my usual white jersey since her team's wearing white and we decided to wear black. I'm an exception along with her best friend, Aratani who I think is a decent receiver. And then there's that 3rd year Libero...Shizuka, she says that she's decent too. So, I must be humble enough to play my game as well.

"Just hope that we get to hang out more after this tournament." She murmurs as I quickly nod to show that we're both thinking the same thing.

"Yes, of course! I want to stay in touch!" I expressed, "To be honest, it's cool to have a friend who lives outside Hyogo." Her pretty icy blue orbs sparkles as she smiles. My emerald orbs softens as I smiled as well.

Then our teams called us and it's time to play. Me and Miyuki hug each other to bid good luck as we parted to walk with our own teams. There is this feeling that it'll be so hyped and awesome to play with her instead of against her. I still hope to win today so I can advance and achieve my goal as to being the #1 Libero again.

I hope Samu's still here watching me. Even Tsumu, who's still in his own world after the lost on the 2nd day. I felt bad for Mishi--wishing she could've been on the roster so she can be our manager. For her own good and choice, Mishi decided to go home because there's still school. Sadly, I won't be seeing her today and hope she has space and time to herself. I'm still annoyed with Tsumu's behavior and can't really control what he does, so I feel a little useless trying to fix their relationship.

Samu reminds me I can't be the one and he actually called Tsumu out for being a chicken.

"Are you all ready?" Emiko asked, turning back to us. I feel this kinda glow--maybe from her time with that guy from Nekoma who gave it his all yesterday in the 3rd round. He's fun to be around, kinda want to see how Akira would react at home.

I groan as we started to warm up now. Miyoko looked at me oddly. "I miss Mamoru..." She scoffs as Emiko agrees with me.

"Rina would be missing me because she wants to play." She claims as she practice her setting with Coach. Me and Emiko laughs before we minded our own business.

The gymnasium is still crowded as I couldn't really hear Rika or the others. I do sense journalists and spectators outside the barricades. And Miyuki's back facing me on the other side of the net, swinging her arms to get it warmed up. The pit of my stomach is burning with excitement as the referee calls my sister.

~~~

"I wish Miya-senpai was playing now." My friend whines in front of me as the teacher announced it's study hall time. "That way we don't have to be here."

I hummed lowly in response, trying to focus on getting assignments done so I have free time during Calligraphy Club. Apparently, we are in charge with the brochures and invitations of Inarizaki's annual Alumni Event. The faculty gave us 2 months to get everything organized and planned out perfectly.

So, I guess that'll take my mind off of Atsumu-kun. Even saying his name in my head is making my heart pound painfully which reminds me of him yelling at me.

I looked out the window and wondered what he's thinking now.

~~~

"Icy-chan's setting is on point." The blonde twin complements as Osamu rolls his eyes.