𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶

"𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑎 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑑𝑖𝑠𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑟."

When Ronni had her first sleepover with Ziggy, everything went exactly as planned

When Ronni had her first sleepover with Ziggy, everything went exactly as planned. They began by teasing each other and developed to flirting. Ronni told Ziggy about the time she caught Cindy and her brother making out in the kitchen, while Ziggy kept staring at the bracelet Ronni was wearing on the left side of her hand.

It felt great to have someone listen and understand you. Ziggy and Ronni didn't have that when they were younger, but they've now become each other's safe place. Even though Ronni doesn't say much, Ziggy would pay close attention to every detail about her. Ronni would sit and listen to Ziggy's rants, which were mostly about her family. Ziggy and Ronni lay in bed together at the end of the night. They'd steal glances whenever they could, feeling shy if one of them was caught staring.

"Can you be brutally honest?" Ziggy asked as she shifted to her side.

"Would your opinion of me change if we hadn't become friends from the first day we met? I mean, why would you want to stick around and be friends with me?" Ziggy wondered.

"I don't know. Everything's just better when you're around." Ronni shrugged, feeling her cheeks heat up when she saw Ziggy's lips curl into a smile.

"I knew there was something about you I needed from the moment I met you, but it turns out it wasn't something about you at all, it was just you." She added softly.

"That's not brutal at all, but fine, I'll take it." Ziggy grinned as they both laughed.

Ronni rolls onto her side, tucking a strand of hair behind Ziggy's ear and caressing her cheek.

"Whether you fall, sin, or break, you're not a monster. You're so much more than what people think of you, Ziggy Berman. You just have to believe in yourself. Don't let society dictate who you are." 

"Thank you, I really needed to hear that." Ziggy said as she closed her eyes, allowing herself to be lulled to sleep by the scent of Ronni's closeness.

==

[Shadyside | A week before Camp]

It's the start of their summer vacation, and a new beginning for Ziggy and Ronni.

One of them finally had the courage to express their feelings. And it was at that point that Ronni decided to ask Ziggy on their first date. They were initially hesitant because they are both girls, which most people consider to be 'wrong.' But when they're together, nevertheless, everything feels right.

"Is this why you insisted on learning to drive? For your date with Ziggy?" Tommy teased his sister.

"Shut up, Tommy. I've wanted to drive since last summer." Ronni said, shaking her head.

"Exactly, so you can drive Ziggy around and go on dates with her!" Tommy exclaimed, earning a hard smack from his sister.

"That's not the reason, and I'll be leaving now. See you later." Ronni said as she started the car.

"Have a good time on your date, but don't have too much fun." Tommy smirked.

"Of course." Ronni said as she drove away to meet her date.

She can't hide how nervous, but mostly excited, she is. She has been looking forward to this opportunity since last year. It's a good thing her brother was there to help calm her nerves, or she'd be a nervous wreck.

Tommy has always been the best brother she could have asked for. She is grateful to have such a wonderful and supportive brother with whom she gets along well.

They arrived at their favorite spot hidden inside the woods where they usually hang out after school after picking Ziggy up at their house. But this time was different. They're not here to hang out with friends; they've come for a date.

"Since when did you decorate this place?" Ziggy wondered as she looked around to admire the arrangement in front of her.

"Since I asked you out." Ronni grinned, taking the girl's hand in her own as they sat on the blanket.

"You didn't have to." Ziggy sighed.

"Well, I wanted to." Ronni said, leaning forward for the first time to kiss Ziggy's lips.

It started out soft and gentle, as Ziggy began to move her lips, allowing her to savor every moment. Ronni moved Ziggy's hair out of her face so she could see her better. Ziggy had a mischievous grin on her face as she slid down to place messy kisses on Ronni's bare neck. She hadn't done anything like this before, but she knows what she's doing. They were both smiling from ear to ear when they finally managed to pull away.

"That's just...wow. That was my first kiss." Ziggy remarked, her smile too innocent for what she had just done and how much she yearned for Ronni's lips.

"Well, you're very good at it."

"Really?"

"Definitely, and you're way better than my first kiss," Ronni stated " bitterly, shaking her head.

"Okay, now I'm curious. Who was your first kiss?" Ziggy asked, scooting closer to her side.

"You might be surprised, though."

"Try me." Ziggy urged.

"My first kiss was with Sheila." Ronni said, making Ziggy choke on thin air.

As she stared into Ronni's eyes, Ziggy took a moment to process that information. That must be why Sheila made an exception for Ronni back at camp last summer, which also explains why Sheila's hatred for Ziggy grew even stronger.

"You're not messing with me, right? Sheila's your first kiss? Why Sheila out of all the people in this damn country?" Ziggy shook her head in disbelief.

"Calm down. It happened a long time ago, back when I was still living in Sunnyvale. I guess Sheila had a crush on me back then. It was just awkward, she denied everything and made up a lame excuse saying it was all a dare." Ronni sighed.

"Did you like her?" 

"No, I would never." Ronni said, expressing how awful that would be for her.

"Just so you know, I'd never be embarrassed or ashamed of kissing you. I'd be proud, but not too loud." Ziggy said, giggling at her own words.

Ronni concentrated on Ziggy's ocean eyes, fully aware that she could become lost in them. She could get lost just by hearing Ziggy's laugh, seeing her smile, or even doing the most basic stuff.

"Sometimes I can't help but wonder why you want me. I know you deserve better than me, but if there's any girl made for me...it's you. I'll do whatever I have to do, Ronni. I'll do anything." Ziggy stated firmly.

"You know why I want you? I didn't know I was lost until I found you, and I didn't know what alone was until the first night I spent without you after camp." Ronni smiled.

"Then I need to hear you say it, I need to know you're mine." Ziggy said, her gaze fixed on Ronni's enticing lips.

"I've been yours since the first time we met, Ziggy." She said as she closed the distance between them.

"Not bad for a first date, right?" Ronni smirked as she drew away.

"Better than I expected." Ziggy grinned, squeezing Ronni's hand as they returned to the car.

(☉。☉)!