𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥

"𝐸𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑎 𝑟𝑜𝑠𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑔𝑒𝑡𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑟𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑠."

[Summer of Year 1976]

Ro 'Ronni' Slater and her older brother Thomas moved from Sunnyvale to Shadyside. They didn't have many options because both of their parents were struggling in their job positions. It wasn't all bad, especially when Tommy's girlfriend, Cindy Berman, invited them to this year's summer camp.

==

Ronni noticed there was only one seat left on the bus ride to Camp Nightwing. It was next to a pretty redhead who seemed to to be forced to be here. The girl was gazing out the window, unconcerned about her surroundings. Ronni isn't much of a sociable person because she doesn't say much. But she found herself walking towards the redhead for some reason.

"Hi, uhm, is this seat taken?" She asked as the girl looked up with a intimidating expression.

"No, not really." 

The fiery redhead was taken aback by Ronni's shy nod before taking her seat.

"Are you serious? You're really going to sit next to me?" She questioned, surprised.

"Uhm, yeah. Why not?" Ronni asked, confused.

"I'm guessing you're new here." The girl said, earning a nod from the latter.

"My family and I just moved here a week ago from Sunnyvale." Ronni responds.

"My name is Ziggy, and people call me a witch, a monster, and sometimes a dyke."

Ronni widened her eyes, not knowing how to respond.

"See? I probably scared you already. Don't worry, you can go sit somewhere else now." Ziggy rolled her eyes and shifted her gaze away.

"No, it's not that. I just can't believe people would say that without first getting to know you. I mean, from the moment I saw you, I just saw a person. A pretty girl, sitting alone by herself." Ronni indicated, which was entirely true.

"Y-You think I'm pretty?" Ziggy asked, taken aback by the unexpected compliment.

"I...Well, yeah." Ronni replied shyly as they both turned away to hide their flushed faces.