The two chat a little about how Mary and Benny met and such, when in the corner of her eye, Mary notices David heading towards them. "Oh great." Mary mumbles.

"Hey babes. I'm David Stacowski, I'm sure you both know that since I'm David Stacowski. So, I saw you two talking to my new best buds. So since your buds, are my buds, that makes me-"

"Really annoying." Mary cuts him off.

Sarah laughs and adds to Mary's comeback, "by the way you should shave your forehead again, I think you missed a spot." David growls at them, then storms off.

Mary scoffs, "did he just growl at us?"

"He seems like such a jerk." Sarah replies.

Mary nods in agreement and then checks the time on her phone, "I gotta get to class, I'll see you around!"

Sarah watches her new friend walk away. "So, let me guess, soccer went the same as tennis tryouts, volleyball, and yearbook?" Erica says when she appears behind Sarah.

Sarah groans, "I'm just trying to do...something! So I can feel, I don't know, normal! But now, everyone who tried out except that girl, Mary, thinks I'm a freak."

Erica shrugs, "look, Sarah, you don't fit in with humans anymore. Why keep fighting it? Come over to the hot side," Erica pauses to let her fangs come out and wink at Sarah, "everybody looks better with fangs."

Sarah's eyes widen, "put those away!"

Erica rolls her eyes, but then stops when her gaze falls onto David standing across the hallway. "So, who's the cutie you and that girl were talking to?" Erica asks, not taking her eyes off him.

"That's David. Ethan thinks he's a werewolf, I think he's a loser." Sarah replies, crossing her arms.

"Now he, is someone I could date. He's so cute and primal." Erica purrs.

Sarah practically gags, "oh yeah nothing like curling up with a guy and running your fingers through his back hair."

"I know right."

...

By the end of the day, the pain in Mary's knee wore off. She was walking out of school when she notices Benny outside, watching and from the looks of it, recording, a football practice.

"Hey, Benny, what're you doing?" Mary asks behind him.

He jumps at her voice, "Mary! H-hey, what are you doing here?" He keeps turning around to look over at David causing Mary to huff. "Ugh, Benny, you didn't actually become friends with that loser, did you? He's a jerk!"

"You don't get it, Mary, he could boost my street cred' just by talking to me." Benny tells her.

"You have street cred' to boost?"

Benny scowls at her and she chuckles, "I'm kidding."

"Benny!"

Mary turns to see Ethan standing in the field, catching a football. Mary claps and Benny gives him a thumbs up. Ethan's moment doesn't last long, though, when David appears and tackles him to the ground.

Mary and Benny both wince at the sight as Ethan groans in pain. "Damn, that's gotta hurt. At least I got it on camera," Benny jokes, nudging Mary's arm.

Mary chuckles, "you're an idiot. I gotta get to work, try not to get tackled yourself."

Benny smirks at her and she shakes her head at him and leaves. Benny watches her walk away.

"Benny!"

Benny snaps back into reality and hurries over to his friend on the ground, "no wolf out, but I did get great footage of you getting absolutely owned."