Chapter Four: Canine Comfort

Lilith walked into the dreams of Alcina Dimitrescu, quickly transforming into her wolf form. She looked around, the sky was a gloomy grey, and she stood in the middle of a field of dead flowers. The wolf trotted around, looking for the giant vampire. She started feeling the depression, hanging thick in the air. She spotted a building, it looked like an abandoned chapel. She made her way there, constantly trying to fight the tears. Alcina's sadness was heavy in this dream. She finally spotted her lying on her side on the ground, her white dress stained with blood from the stab wound in her side. She was sobbing softly. It was strange for Lilith to see the powerful vampire countess like this, vulnerable and defeated. Something drew her to the countess, feeling the need to comfort her. She stopped behind Lady Dimitrescu, who's back was turned to her.
"Who are you?" she sniffed, sounding tired. She sensed the wolf's presence. Lilith decided not to talk, so she wouldn't give away her identity. The wolf sait next to her and lied down, facing her.
"Don't talk, mmm? That's alright. Can you understand me?" Lady Dimitrescu asked, glancing at the wolf. The sadness in her eyes showed, and it made the wolf whimper softly, and nod.
"Too bad you can't talk. I'm in need of conversation. You see, my daughters-" she choked back tears, closing her eyes. Lilith didn't understand the feeling she got, all she knew was that she hated seeing the countess broken like this. She made a decision, that could possibly thwart her plans.
"They're alive, Alcina." the wolf spoke. Lady Dimitrescu sat up slowly, a shocked and confused expression on her face. Her golden gaze fell on the wolf, meeting emerald green eyes. The wolf's hair was raven black, with the fur turning grey at the start of her mane, before turning snow white around her face. A crescent shape of black fur ran over the left side of her face, and a scar ran over the left side of her snout, exposing a sharp canine ever so slightly. A silver earring hung from her left ear.
"Pretty." Lady Dimitrescu mumbled. Before she could answer, Lilith's power ran out, draining her energy. She was snapped back to reality, finding herself standing next to the bed, her hand still over the heart of the crystal woman. Exhausted, she climbed on the bed and laid down next to the countess's torso. For the first time in a very long time, Lilith fell asleep, the sound of cracking glass filling her ears. She woke up and hour or two later and glanced over to Lady Dimitrescu. Her torso grew slightly. She exhaled with relief. She would go eat something, and then return to visit the Lady again.

When Lilith found herself back in the field of flowers, she noticed some of the flowers were now alive. There were wild hibiscus flowers of all colors. The wolf wandered around until she found the countess siting on a bench, looking at the sunset. She looked deep in thought, a gentle crease formed between her eyebrows.
"Dragă lupule. I've wondered when you would return to me. You left so quickly. This dream is quite... Lonely." she mumbled, almost as if she was in a trance. The wolf said nothing at first, jumping on the bench next to her. The wolf met her eyes, and she could see the grief, buried in the gold.
"It's my fault. It's my fault they died. My darling daughters." she sobbed softly. Lilith's black heart once again felt something, giving her a mild pain in her heart. She pushed the feeling away quickly.
"Tell me how it is your fault, and I will tell you how you are wrong." the wolf said, looking at the countess, her teeth bared slightly.
"What brings you here, Dragă lupule?" she asked, ignoring Lilith's last statement.
"A continuum of terrible choices." the wolf said, making the countess chuckle. She still didn't answer the question.
"You need to fight, Alcina. Your daughters need you."
"I am a monster. I do not deserve to live." she said, looking away from the wolf.
"You may be a monster. So am I. But you deserve to live. You didn't deserve what has been done to you. Neither does your daughters." Lilith meant to say this, just so she could wake, that she can use them to kill her rival. She was planning on getting close to them, and using them. Regardless if they died. That was the plan. But the ember grew.
"Do you truly believe so?" the countess asked, frowning at the wolf. 'No. Yes? What is this?!' the wolf thought to herself.
"Yes. I do. Truly." she wasn't sure if she was lying or not. The countess hummed and turned back to the sunset.
"I have to go. But I will visit you every day. Your memories, dreams and thoughts will be shared with me. Do you understand?" the wolf warned her.
"I do. You're just a figment of my imagination. So I don't mind." she said, sighing. The wolf felt slightly guilty, but once again pushed the feeling away.
"Alcina. Fight. It might take you a while to wake up." the wolf said, jumping from the bench.
"What are you talking about? Wake up?" the countess asked, her eyes growing wide. But the wolf trotted away, leaving the mind of the countess abruptly. Lilith woke up next to the crystal torso once more, hearing terrified screams echo through the castle.