LXVIII. The Other Guy

Author's Note: Ur comments make my day 100x better

This chapter reminds me of how alone I am 😔🤚🏼

****

"Which looks better?" Heath asked, holding up two suit jackets, one pastel pink and the other a light pastel green. Usually he looked really enthusiastic talking about clothes but to Conan he looked bored and indecisive. "For graduation."

"What's colour of the robe?" he asked, wanting to judge on that basis. He put his phone down by the table, deleting whatever he was about to tweet, probably something stupid.

"Blue and golden," he replied quickly, shaking the hangers to draw his attention. 

"I mean will anyone see what you're wearing inside it?" Conan questioned, stretching his hands and smiling. "Nobody will care even if you show up naked in your robe."

"You seem really into that," Heath coughed. "Now, choose one fast."

"I am into that," Conan grinned audaciously and laughed when Heath gave him a sulking look. It was always fun to tease him. "The green one looks better."

"Thanks," he smiled but Conan wasn't done. 

"Or nothing at all?" he urged. 

"That will work too," Heath laughed, unbothered, putting away the clothes. "But I don't think the school allows that."

"A pity," Conan said, brushing his hair away to get a better look at him. 

"Hey, I going to the grocery store. Need something?" he asked. 

"A kiss?" he said suggestively and Heath chuckled lightly. 

"I am sorry," he spoke, playing along. "I am very fricking busy."

"No, you're not," Conan said, getting up from the comfortable bed and holding him by the waist. He loved how he loosened into his touch and grasped his hands that had slid over.  Conan touched the tip of his nose his neck and felt him convulse lightly. "You haven't kissed me in three days."

Heath didn't speak but unwrapped his arms from his waist and held them, his face inches away from Conan's. He could feel the ticklish sensation all over his lips, craving for his touch. He tipped towards him, closing the distance and driving Conan a little wild. Just when he thought he would kiss him, he pulled away, grinning. His eyes shone with satisfaction that Conan experienced when he finished a good song.

"Control your hormones," he suggested, swinging his hands with his. 

"Why do you do this to me?" Conan pretended to to be annoyed, which only made Heath smile wider. 

"You tease me, it's only fair," he replied, not wiping that satisfied grin off his face. 

Well, it was kinda fair, Conan supposed since he took every chance to see him get all flustered and smiley. 

"But you enjoy it, so it's not really teasing," Conan interjected. 

"I guess," Heath smiled and this time he did kiss him. 

"Ashley also said this weird cheese name I can't pronounce," Conan said, titling his phone towards him

"Cam-mem-bear," Heath said, reading the text followed by a couple of smirking devil emojis. "I think. I am not sure."

"I don't even think they have that," he frowned and scanned the the dairy aisle with his eyes. "Will regular cheese work?"

"At the very least, it should make something edible," he said, throwing it in the shopping cart. Cool air hit him again as he passed one of the fans in the small store. He never went to the big ones because he refused to pay two hundred dollars for basic stuff that came a lot cheaper at the local stores. Very few came in and those who did didn't bother to glance at him. Maybe people in this area weren't big on music. Or anything for the matter, since they all looked zombified and bored out of their wits. 

Conan wandered to one of the back aisles, looking for some other ingredients and groceries he was currently running very low on. He found another unpronounceable word on the list and squinted wondering how it would be said if he asked the guy at the cash register. 

"Is that Conan Gray?" he heard someone whisper, a feminine voice from behind the shelves of cereals. 

"He is!" a boy said when he looked up to see who it was through the empty places on the shelves. The boy and the girl were twins, with the same brown hair and round eyes like opals set on their tanned and freckled faces. How the fuck did everybody have tans in early summer?

Conan didn't directly look at them again but pretended he hadn't heard them in the first place. It wasn't rude to him. It was just him pretending like he didn't care if he had fans. Pfft. 

"Ask him for a picture," the girl urged her brother, nudging him.

"You ask," he said, reluctant to the suggestion. So, he was shy. 

These little conversations that people had abut him, thinking he wasn't listening amused and bemused him at the same time. He didn't know whether he should approach them, try to be friendly. Would that make him pretentious, assuming that they wanted to talk? Or should he just pretend he hadn't seen it, keep it all peripheral?

"I think we should ask before he leaves," the boy whispered to his sister. "Like, how often do you  find Conan Fucking Gray in your store?"

"I think I found the cheese Ashley recommended," Heath said, tossing it into the cart. "A sketchy website said this is the closest to that."

"Let's just get the regular one too, just in case it fucks up," Conan said, turning to face him. 

"His boyfriend!" the girl whispered and the way Heath's eyes briefly flickered to the shelf, he could tell he had heard it too. He didn't look bothered but smiled a little. 

"You don't know that for sure!" the brother chastened. 

"I am sorry. It slipped out." She laughed apologetically. 

"I don't know if want to date Conan or the other guy," the brother commented. 

Conan shook his head, shaking off the desire to laugh.