He was pushed back as he opened the door. He fell to the floor. A man dressed in black, bald head picked him up by the collar of his shirt and shoved him onto the couch while he slammed the door shut with a kick.

“Hi I’m here to help you. My name is Leonardo” the man said removing his glasses.

“I don’t give a shit. Let me go”

“It’s about your mother and Michael”

“You gonna tell me you fucked her too?”

“No. I didn’t. I… believe me, she was a great woman. Loving, innocent”

“Was?”

“Yes. She’s dead”

Oh boy. Now this he didn’t expect. No wonder she hadn’t showed up the past three days.

“How? She wasn’t sick, was she?” Jason asked, his brain flipping from one thought to the next.

“ I will tell you everything that happened in your mother’s life. From when we met her” Leonardo stood up and began his story.

“She was innocent when Michael met her. He was obsessed with her. Obsessed to the point where he would kill her if she thought of marrying someone else”

“You mean she was married to that bastard?”

“No she wasn’t. she was just…what can I call it? His sexual slave. He made his employees do outrageous things to just get a hold of her. He kept tabs on you and—I’m telling you this because Michael is after me. He wants me dead, out of his way—he never trusted me and thinks now I know too much” he ran his fingers through his hair and sat down beside Jason, who stood in awe and astonished by the pile of information brought in front of him in less than 20 minutes.

“ Go ahead” Jason urged him.

“Right. Michael met her when she was looking for a job in the city…”

    There was a knock on the door. Leonardo jumped out of the couch and immediately pulled out his 9 mm. He placed a finger on his lips, a sign that he needed silence. He ran to one of the bedrooms and waved at Jason to open the door while he hid.

Jason opened the door. Four men stood at his door. All dressed in black and leaded by Michael. He took off his sunglasses and smiled.

“May I?” he asked Jason “there is something I’m looking for. I’m sure it’s hiding here” he shoved Jason aside and said to his men “Look for him”

Jason walked slowly instructed by Michael to keep his hands up while one of his men

pointed the gun to his back.

“ Why did you come back?” Jason asked.

“Told you I’m looking for an animal, an ass hole who thinks he can walk around freely after betraying me. Hey by the way, did you enjoy the video?”

“Fuck you”

“Hey hey little punk. Who’s got the gun? Looks like I do. Then you better shut the fuck up”

They heard glass breaking in the bedroom. Sounded like a bullet had hit it. Then the men all came out. They had Leonardo handcuffed.

One of Michael’s men was injured, it looked like the bullet missed him and barely scraped his flesh.

“Oh goodness! You damaged my property Leonardo” Michael exclaimed eyeing the bullet wound on the guy’s arm, “but c’mon we gonna take good care of you soon” he looked at Jason who still sitting with his hands behind his neck.

Leonardo winked at Jason. Jason got the message.

In minutes the five men were out of the apartment, Jason was instructed to remain in the apartment until Michael gave other orders.

He walked to the bedroom and began searching. He was certain that Leonardo had left something behind, he knew his day was coming.

Sure enough, an envelope was in one of the drawers. Jason opened it and began reading:

Dear Jason,

I took the time to write this, for I knew Michael could find me at your place in minutes, he had men following me at all times. I was scared I wouldn’t be able to tell you everything if the men saw me coming into your place, so here it is. I was truly in love with your mother, she was a wonderful person and behind Michael’s back, we were lovers. There was true love between us, even though I knew from the start that your dad was her first love, and that she still had him in her thoughts. I respected her. Michael  suspected something and that is the biggest reason he wanted me dead. When I first met your mother, you were all living at the beach, Michael had met her many years before. She was in need of a job and he somehow spotted her, liked her then and there then offered her a job; only that when she came in for the job she was met with an ugly surprise. He wanted her to work as a prostitute for the rich men that came to his underground bar. She refused and he closed doors for any job in the city. She never wanted to go back there again. He then followed you and harassed her. She left the town and he lost her for a while, so he was pissed and decided to look for her. It was my partners’ and my job to find her for Michael and we did. One night we followed her while she was out with friends and Michael drugged her drink with XTC, then picked her up and took her to the hotel we were staying at. In one of the suites he rented, he had just murdered two girls and had them cleaned up before he got there with Cathy. Cathy was under the effect of the drug and well they had sex. He taped the whole scene and offered her to us. My partner had her that same night. I didn’t. I saw her as a pure woman, I don’t know, I guess she captured me then already. when she woke up next day, she was furious at Michael and wanted to leave, but Michael held her back and showed her the video of them having sex, then threatened to show you and her parents if she didn’t do what he said. That’s how she became his sexual slave. He would share her only with his closest pals, important people and only when he wanted. She was irresistible and men paid well for her.

It always hurt me to see such cruelty taken upon her, but she was courageous and when she came to my arms, she was at peace. We laughed at Michael together.

She always thought that Michael never messed with you, but when she found out that he had made of you a drug addict, she was furious. You guys came back and she was determined to kill him. just that everything switched around and she ended up with a bullet to her chest. That’s when I rebelled against Michael and told him that we had been lovers behind his back.

Without your mother in my life, I want nothing. By the time you’re done with this letter I’ll probably be with her, together, in a life that he won’t be able to destroy.

Take care Jason and keep away from drugs and Michael. Do it in memory of your mother who sacrificed her life and dignity for you.

Leonardo.

P.S. Michael has someone he really cares about and it's his biggest secret. Use this to your advantage.

Jason grabbed the paper and smashed it with his hands. He was furious. He had misjudged his mother and had given himself in for Michael’s game, producing his mother the biggest heartache. And then the worse part—the bastard killed her after ruining her life.

“Son of a bitch” he murmured, angry tears rolling down his cheeks. He cried for hours—until his eyes were swollen. His cries slowed down to painful sobs and then his mind raced and the only conclusion he came to was doing the job his mother had not been successful at.

Ok so first things first. Investigate the moves the bastard makes. He must have someone he really cares about, someone Jason could use to hurt him. He should be careful, Michael has body guards. Who gives a shit. Get in there, act like he knew nothing. Better yet, he would pretend to be needing the powder like never before.

Michael would fall for it. next step, get one of his own weapons. Oh how much he would love to make him suffer instead of just shooting him to death. Who knows he might be lucky. He would not cry any longer—now was time for action. If he ended up in prison he couldn’t care less, there was no one to live for—or with. He had nothing to lose.