Chapter 8

Three days had passed since he last saw his mother. He had kept to himself in her luxurious but lonely apartment. He felt anxious and impatient since he had been released from the hospital and three days was enough waiting for his mother. Enough time had passed since he had last had a taste of the exquisite feeling of cocaine.

   Who cared what the doctors had said, it seemed there would be no one to watch him. He would just do smaller doses anyway.

    He walked into his mother’s bedroom and searched through her clothes, drawers. Found some expensive jewelry he knew he could sell for a good amount of money. He also found a stack of cash. He licked his lips and smiled mischievously.

There was a knock on the door.

He opened and recognized the man that stood before him.

“ Well well!” the man said as he entered the apartment, “ wasn’t this a nice surprise. I figured she brought you along”

“ You?” Jason asked, “You know my mother?”

He laughed “course I know her. Better than you would ever imagine little boy” he said, ruffling Jason’s hair.

“How? Why hadn’t I seen you these past years? You stopped following”

“I got what I wanted. Your mother. That’s the reason she never talked about her job. Giving me pleasure was her job. And I provided for you”  he took a small bag from his pocket. Gave it to Jason “Figured you needed some”

Jason grabbed it from his hands and felt a sudden urge to be under the effect of the powder, “my mother? You slept with my mother?”

“Every day since you left for boarding school” he took out a disc from his jacket and placed it on the table “Here” he said “Take a look at this video”

Jason was speechless. He didn’t know whether to believe Michael or not. Was his mother a whore? Was she so ambitious she sold herself to some rich guy and sent her son off to another country?

“Yes she was a whore” Michael said interrupting his thoughts.

“Who?”

“Your mother was a whore”

“But…”

Michael was already out the door and left Jason with the bag in his hands.

Jason stuck his head out of the apartment door and saw the last of Michael climbing into his new Lexus.

He was alone again and then the anger spilled out of him. His mother a whore.

She would never see him again. He would take off as quick as he came. He took out the powder from the bag and snorted once, then again. The effect was entering his brain quick and strong. He felt energized, with a sense of power he’d missed for a week already.

He placed the disc in his laptop and watched.

The first images displayed were of his mother and Michael. Naked. In bed. Having sex. And those were the last he wanted to see.

He slammed the laptop against the wall and punched at the glass table with all his strength.

The fury within him was outrageous. The images in the laptop screen were blurred then vanished when the screen broke, but the ones in his brain played so vividly he felt like yanking his head off and smashing it with his feet to stop the images.

His knuckles bled.

He grabbed the keys to his vehicle, deciding quickly to search for his mother and do—the unthinkable.