Midtown Craziness

Start from the beginning

Jordan seemed to think for a second before his eyes lit up. "I remember that me and my parents went to Germany to visit my grandmother. We went to a botanic garden and then we went to the park and had a picnic. It was really fun" he answered. Ace nodded. "What's your favorite memory?"

Ace thought for a bit. "My favorite memory was when I first met the Brooklyn boys. I had just gotten thrown out of the house for being gay and then I went to sleep on the street. I slept on the street for a week before I one day woke up to three boys around me. Hotshot, Spot and who was then the leader of Brooklyn, King. Spot and Hotshot were adorable as kids. They took me to their hideout and they treated me like I was their brother" Ace said and smiled.

"That sounds amazing" Jordan said and took Ace's hand. Ace smiled as he went a little red.

20 minutes later
At Jordan's old school

The boys had gone to Jordan's old school because Jordan wanted to show it to Ace. "This is huge" Ace exclaimed, surprised by the size.

"Yep, we even have a gymnasium in the back and a gymnastics course outside" Jordan exclaimed happily.

"No wonder you're good at gymnastics then" Ace said and chuckled before an idea fell into his head. "We should call you Flips!" he exclaimed and looked at Jordan who just stood there, looking at him, confused. He sat down at a picnic table and Ace did the same. "When someone joins the Newsies, we get a Newsie name. If the Newsie want one, of course" Ace explained.

Jordan nodded slowly, not understanding completely. "Is there anyone who didn't want one that is current Newsies?" he asked, Ace nodded.

"Albert, Davey, Les and Elmer" Ace answered confidently.

"Cool" Jordan exclaimed before he thought about something. "Ace is your Newsie name?" he asked.

Ace nodded. "Cool, what's your real name then?" Jordan asked.

"We're not talking about that" Ace said, eyes wide.

"Okay...?" Jordan said, wondering why he wouldn't say it.

Ace tried to think about something off topic. "Do you want to show me where you lived?" he asked Jordan. Jordan nodded and they started walking towards Jordan's house.

Two minutes later
"Is there any of you that don't live with Medda?" Jordan asked, Ace nodded.

"Yeah, we have two Newsies that don't. They're boyfriends and soulmates too" Ace answered. "Their names are Kenny and Knobs. Kenny's name is Kennedith but he didn't like it and didn't want a Newsie name so we call him Kenny"

Jordan nodded and it all became quiet except for the sounds of the streets. They entered Jordan's neighbourhood. "This is my neighbourhood and my house is just a little down the street" Jordan said.

They walked a couple of meters before Jordan stopped dead in his tracks, just staring ahead. "Jordan, what's wrong?" Specs asked, softly and concerned.

"Ich liebe dich. Viel Spaß in der Schule und denk daran, dich von Marks Haus fernzuhalten" he whispered.

"What?"

"Jordan, we can't understand you if you speak German" Specs said and put his hand slowly on Jordan's shoulder.

"Run!" Jordan screamed in fear as he turned around and ran. Ace and Specs ran quickly after him until Ace caught him.

Ace hugged Jordan tightly, Jordan crying into his chest. Specs took Jordan's hand and squeezed it gently. "Jordan, it's Specs. Do you remember why you started running?" he asked.

Jordan didn't want to talk so he signed 'Mark'. "Okay, what is it with Mark? Did he do something to you?"

Jordan slowly took out his phone from his pocket, pulled up translate from German to English and typed in something.

Er hat meine Schwester
(translation: he killed my sister)

Ace and Specs read the translation. "Oh, Jordan, I'm so sorry he did that" Ace said and hugged Jordan tighter. Jordan couldn't stop crying so Ace picked him up and they went to Jordan's school.

Two minutes later
They entered the school and sat down in the grass. "Are you feeling better?" Specs asked Jordan who nodded from where he was in Ace's lap.

Ace looked at Specs. "Specs, can I borrow your phone a little?" he asked and Specs nodded before he gave Ace his phone. "Jordan, can you say a song that you want to listen too? Maybe it'll help calm you down"

Jordan rolled out of Ace's lap and sat beside him. "Counting the days. You know who sing it if you think about it" Jordan answered and smiled slightly at Ace.

Ace found the song and started it, Jordan put his arm around Ace's neck and they just sat there, enjoying each others company and their favorite music.

1457 words

I'm a little behind on posting and writing, sorry. I can only post one chapter today, until I write more