"I'm not fucking leaving and I'm not marrying you!" I yell. "I will go back to Italy at the end of May like my father and I agreed on." I wrap my hand in a towel and lean against the counter, glaring at her. She pouts, but changes the subject.

"So I hear you're going to New York in December for a business function."

I nod at her.

"My brother will be there." She smirks.

Fucking hell.

I can't stand her brother. He is the most egotistical, self centered man I have ever met. The first night I met him, I almost killed the fucker. If it wasn't for Stefano stopping me, he would be dead. Her brother is the heir for his mafia and we are soon to be leading together as allies after I marry his sister. Fucking kill me now. Or him. Or her.

"He was very generous to showcase his company for your students. Isn't that wonderful? I hope your students don't disappoint, you know how he is." She says with an evil smirk that tells me all that she's thinking. He will kill them.

I don't give two shits if he kills them. But if Mia goes...

"I want you out." I growl.

She rolls her eyes and stands. "Don't worry, I'm flying back to Italy tonight. I just thought I'd come see you for a kiss, but I guess not." She starts walking to the front door but stops to look over her shoulder at me. "I'll see you in December." She winks at me then goes to open the door but I speak up.

"What do you mean?" I furrow my brows.

She turns to face me completely and smiles. "Well I'm going to be there for the business function, silly. I wouldn't miss it. There's also a dinner after the function to where you, me, and my brother will sit down to discuss some business." And with that, she walks out of my apartment leaving me speechless. A dinner?

I need to call my father.

There's no way I'm marrying that woman, there has to be another way.
—-
***MIA WELLS' POV***

The car ride is silent back to campus. I don't feel like talking.

Stefano came to pick me up 30 minutes after I called Kate. He was the only to come considering that his corvette is a two seater. He tried talking to me but I ignored him. I'm not trying to be a bitch, but a lot happened this morning and it's only ten in the fucking morning.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks for the fourth time.

I groan and turn to face the window. I can't help but wonder if he knew. If Stefano knew that Elias was engaged. I close my eyes and take a few deep breaths before I speak.

"Did you know?" I whisper.

"Did I know what?" He asks, his voice calm and steady.

I turn to face him. "That Elias was engaged."

His silence answers my question.

"For fuck's sake." I let out a breath. "Of course you knew. God, I'm so fucking stupid."

"Look Mia, there's a lot you don't know okay? Elias cares about you and that says a lot considering the only other woman he loves is his mother." he tells me. "The thing with Antonia...it's complicated."

"Complicated?" I scoff. "Sure." I turn my head back to the window to let him know that I'm done with this conversation.
—-
We make it back to campus and I march up to my room and slam the door shut.

I turn to see Kate staring at me with a concerned look.

And that's when I completely fall apart.