Chapter 13. The Sports Festival (Part 2)

Beginne am Anfang

_____________

'The next rounds went by pretty quick. When facing Aoyama, Mina won. Then it was Tokoyami and Yaoyorozu, who got pushed out of bounds by Dark Shadow. Second, to last was Tetsutetsu against Kirishima, both knocked each other out.

Finally, it became Uraraka's turn.' Midoriya thinks in his head as he remembers the interaction he had with the gravity-defying girl only a few minutes ago.

"Uraraka! I got worried when you disappeared!" I had walked into the preparations room and found her sitting down while tapping her foot impatiently. "Oh, hey Midoriya." She doesn't look up and continues to tap her foot.

"Listen, I know you are super worried about all this. And I haven't really known Bakugou for that long, but based on his moves I was able to come up with this." I handed her a list of his most used moves and fighting preferences. "I thought maybe you could use this to counter his moves." She read the journal over and gave me a soft smile.

"This is really impressive Midoriya. But... I think I'm going to have to decline this." She explained to me. "It's just.. you are so smart and strong. I don't want to have to rely on you for any more wins. I'll do it myself, and face you off in the finals!" She declared with determination at the end. I smirked and nodded. "Right! I'll see you there."

 "The Explosive Boy with a face only a mother can love. Up against the zero gravity girl (that I personally want to win), it's Katsuki Bakugou against Ochaco Uraraka!" Present Mic screeches and the two walk into the arena at opposite sides.

The buzzer goes off and Uraraka runs up to him with her hands close to the ground. "All it takes.." Midoriya mutters in his seat. "Is one touch!" Uraraka finishes the thought and gets close to Bakugou and goes in to touch his shirt.

Bakugou just puts his hand out and releases a huge explosion, throwing her away from him. "THAT ALL YOU GOT?!" Bakugou screams and Uraraka runs in to try and touch him again. He punches her and sends her across the arena again with another blast.

The same thing happens several times in a row as a Pro-Hero starts booing in the crowd. "Just get it over with already! Stop beating up the poor girl!" Some of the crowd agrees and Aizawa turns on his microphone.

"If you think that maybe it is time to hang up your cape. If you were watching closely you would have noticed, that Uraraka can take it. And Bakugou is treating her as an equal and giving her a fair fight."

"Thanks for creating all the debris Bakugou. Time for my special move. THE METEOR SHOWER!" The crowd gasps and looks up at the sky and sees hundreds of rocks floating above Bakugou. "Release!" All the rocks drop from the sky and are about to fall onto Bakugou.

When he puts one hand in the air and releases an explosion as large as one with his gauntlets. Turning all the rocks to ash. Uraraka, close to passing out tries to run up to him again but Bakugou releases another giant explosion with his other hand directed at her.

It knocks her down to the ground. "I... I can still fight." She whispers to herself as she tries to get up but falls back down to the ground.

"And that's the game... Bakugou wins." Present Mic sighs and Aizawa groans. "Do it properly." Mic sighs again and turns the microphone back on. "And Bakugou wins! He will be moving on to the next round for another one-on-one fight!" 

Uraraka is carried out of the arena on a stretcher and Midoriya clenches his fist and leaves the seating area and walks downstairs into the preparation area. 

"Now I go up against Todoroki... I can't let everybody down... I have to win." Midoriya tells himself as he stretches and cracks his knuckles.

"And the powerhouse who has won every competition so far... IZUKU MIDORIYA FROM CLASS 1-A! Up against the half and half ice kind, SHOTO TODOROKI ALSO FROM CLASS 1-A." Present Mic screams as the two teenage boys enter the arena.