Chapter 38 - Arrested

"I'm going to miss this when I'm not here" Liam says kissing the top of my head.

It was a Saturday morning and Liam and I were sat up in bed together my head on his chest and his fingers running through my hair.

"I'm going to miss you" I say gazing up into his eyes

"I'm going to miss you more" he says smiling again.

It was about 1 week until Liam moved in with his mum and I was stuck with Poppy.

Lazy mornings in bed next to Liam were one of my favourite things and today was one of the rare occasions we didn't have school or have to go to the Firehouse.

Unfortunately our happiness was short lived as the door bursts open and Poppy comes storming in.

"Do you mind!" I say crossly, pulling the duvet up over my head

"What do you know about someone named Nancy?" She says completely ignoring the fact she'd just barged in without knocking

That name grabs my attention.

"Why do you want to know?" I reply confused about where she'd heard that name.

"There's a man in a suit talking to your dad about someone named Nancy downstairs"

"Where's mum" I ask her immediately sitting up

"She went out for a run with Ellie" Poppy replies.

I jump put of bed, grab one of Liams hoodies off the floor and am out of the room before Poppy or Liam can ask any questions.

I reach the kitchen to find Dad and the same attorney from the other day sat in the kitchen.

"Whats going on?" I say aggressively causing both heads to turn and look at me.

"Nothing that concerns you my dear" the Attorney says giving me a slightly odd look which was fair enough as I'd just burst into the kitchen wearing a hoodie that was way too big for me and a pair of shorts, not to mention the fact my hair was all messy.

"Dad?" I say ignoring the Attorney.

"Its fine Jess my mum just got arrested again?"

I'd only met my grandma on dad's side a few times as she tended to show up put of the blue once and a while and you then wouldn't see her for months.

"Arrested for what?" I say as Liam and Poppy reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Who's been arrested?" Asks Liam immediately by my side.

"My mum" dad replies turning round to look at us 3

"Is that the one who...?" He begins but I cut him off

"Yes it is, dad why was she arrested?"

I'm not keen on Poppy finding it my grandmother killed her husband and spent most of my dad's childhood in jail.

"Nothing too serious just buglery but it's slightly more complicated given her history" he explains

I nod and walk off back upsatairs and into my room flopping back down onto the still warm bed

Liam comes back in not long after carrying a plate filled with toast.

He sets the plate down on the bedside table before climing back into bed and pulling me into his arms again.

"You ok Jess?" He asks sounding worried

"Yeah I'm good I don't really know her that well so it doesn't affect me I'm more worried about what it will do to my dad"

"Fair enough" Liam replies

Just then Ellie wanders in though the half open door and comes and settles her self next to me in the warm bed

"Morning fluffball" I say scratching her head

She licks my hand but also let's out a massive yawn she must be tired after her run.

I hear a loud crunch in my ear and look at Liam who has just taken a bite of toast.

He makes eye contact with me and we both start laughing for no reason whatsoever.

He puts the toast down and pulls me in for a kiss.

"Your bonkers sometimes you know that" he says smiling

"Shut up" I reply and kiss him again.

I'm really going to miss him when he moves in with his mum, but he has to do what's best for him and I couldn't be prouder of him for pushing through the last few weeks.

_________________________________________

Hey guys,

In sat on my lunch break and just remembered that I hadn't published a chapter in ages 🤦‍♀️

Anyway here is two chapters today as I have loads stockpiled 😃

Hope your all well

Iz x