Chapter 12 - We need a plan

I had been out on the apparatus floor practicing my Netball for about 20 minutes when all the rigs pulled back in.

Kelly waved at me from the passenger seat of the Squad rig before jumping down and putting his hands out asking for the ball.

I throw it to him and he then aims and puts it through the net.

"You've been practicing"

"Yeah maybe a little"

"I'm still better than you"

"I don't know I have got better"

"Oh yeah, come to a game when this lockdown is over then you'll really see how good I am"

"Jess you should be in lessons!"

Shit,

I look over to my parents who were stood by the ambulance obviously trying to work out why I wasn't in my Spanish class still.

"I errr err" I stammer desperately trying to think of what to say

"Come on Jess just tell us" dad said with a sigh

"I left....walked out.....left the call....I was angry and I didn't want to say something I'd regret so I just left"

"Let's go inside and talk" mum says motioning for us to go inside

We walk down the hall to the bunk room and into dads office, I sit down on the bunk while dad takes the chair and mum just leans against the wall.

"The bells went off for your call and she got cross as apparently it was a distraction and then she started accusing me of not making and effort, which I guess is kind of true but anyway and apparently I copy of my friends and need all the help I can get in her stupid subjet" I pause to catch my breath and look at my parents faces

"In your defence and don't repeat this, but your teacher did sound like a bit of an ass from the five minutes of your lesson I overheard" mum says

Before any of us can say anything else dad's phone starts to ring in his pocket, he take it out and looks at it before tuning the screen so we can see who it is. It's the school,more than likely my Spanish teacher as I check my watch and my Spanish lesson had just ended

_______________

After a very long conversation with my Spanish teacher. My parents made me apologise for walking out (if that's what you can call it) and promise that I would pay more attention in future.

"Do I have to go back to my lessons I'm really not in the mood" I say putting on a sad face.

"I would rather you did but won't notice if you don't" says dad. "Now i'll catch up with you both later I need to run some drills with my candidate" and he hugs me kisses mum and walks out leaving us in his office.

I flop back on the bunk and let out a defeated sigh. It really had been a long day.

"I hate school"

"I agree high school can be pretty rough at times but when you look back, you will consider them some of the best days of your life."

"Yeah everyone says that"

We smile at each other,I really did consider my mum one of my best friends and not every one could say that and I would be eternally grateful for everything she had done for me.

We sit together in a comfortable silence for a good 10 minutes or so before Kelly came and knocked on the door.

"Jess I need you" he says not giving anything away

"What have you broken" mum says immediately suspicious

"Really Dawson you don't trust me"

"Well I er..." I beging trying to think of a semi nice reply

"Don't answer that" Kelly says changing his mind

"I just need your advice on something"

I look at mum and shrug she had no idea what was going on either.

I drag my body off the bunk and follow him out the door.

It's a fairly nice day so we go out onto the driveway and watch dad shouting at his candidate for not doing the drill correctly.

"So why did you want to talk to me?" I ask him as the candidate nearly falls off the ladder

"Your parents 10th wedding anniversary is next week and we need to plan something"

My parents had a complicated relationship in the beginning and were dating on and off for the first 7 years of my life before finally fully admitting there feelings for each other and getting married just before my 8th birthday.

"Oh yeah we need to do something, but aren't they on shift that day?"

"Yeah but shift ends at 6pm so you can stay home for that shift and make the house all nice or something."

"Ok I have no idea what I'm going to do but I'll do my best to persuade them to let me stay home,I'll say I've got a massive art project to work on or something"

"Excellent just send me a shopping list and I'll bring it round" I smile as far as I knew it had been a very long time since mum and dad had been on a date just the two of them so it would be nice that they finally could have an evening somewhat to themselves.

_________________________________________

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of activity this week, I've been really busy doing work experience and my best friend hasn't been well so I haven't really thought much about publishing a new chapter.

Hope your all OK

Izzy
Xxxxxx

Remember to vote and share my stories x