Chapter 21: Flower shall Blooms once again

Start from the beginning

The voice of Great Sage echoed through this entire endless void. So that's why huh?

"Lylas..." Uncle Veldora called out.

"Yes?" I answered

"Soon, everything will change. Everyone's peaceful daily lives won't be what they used to be... At least for a while..."

My brain (if I had one in the first place) was trying to process the words my uncle said. What did he mean? Would our lives continue to be threatened by all sorts of dangers and conflicts in this world?

"...Why are you telling me this stuff?" I asked.

He just sighed as he closed his eyes.

"I predict that Tempest will experience dark times in the near future. So with that... I want you to prepare yourself until that time comes."

...

This situation is a bit too tense for my child mentality to handle... What should I do? What should I do?...

"I understand," I said to him

"*Sigh Maybe I'm a bit too serious...

Okay, all acts and play are gone, Ahem! you don't have to worry my niece, everything will go just fine! Your cool and powerful uncle here will guide and protects you along with Rimuru!

What has happened recently may be a tragedy but trust me that the same thing will not happen again. And I'm sure Rimuru also had that in mind when he massac- Khuak!! What the? Ifrit!"

Ifrit shook his head, uncle veldora widened his eyes for some reason, and he coughed a bit.

'very suspicious...'

"N-Now change of topic... Worry not, if my experiences from reading Manga have taught me a lot of stuff about friendship. Is that with everyone around I'm sure we could pass every obstacle heading in our way as simple as picking up a stick!"

"*Sigh I think you've read too much about that story with kids being enrolled into superhero Highschool, Veldora-sama"

"What?! It was cool! I mean that little green-haired wimp blew up an entire arena!"

I don't know what they're talking about, but I feel being ignored here. I mean, why did he call me with such a tense atmosphere in the first place? Also, why did he bring manga all of a sudden?

Are those piles of books on Uncle's side Mangas? Either way, I think I should get out of this place. There are way more important things to do outside right now.

'Great Sage, I would like to return now please"

⟨⟨Understood⟩⟩

"But wait, hear me out- oi where are you going?!"

Thus my vision has finally returned to the scene in central plaza once again.

Huh?

I felt a tug on my... Oh right. The little goblina looked at me with eyes of wonder. I guess this one could differentiate between me and great sage, perhaps?

"Don't worry. I'm still here" i pat her head in the process. Just assuring her that i'm not going anywhere.

I just hope that whatever Mom is planning to do. I wish for her to succeed in doing so. We will wait for you. Shuna, Benimaru, Souei... And everyone. We will wait for your return.