Can I do this? I can't do this.

I'm so scared. I can't lose my pup, not again, not this one. 

I'm just that kind of tired that no amount of sleep can fix. The kind of drained that isn't easily filled. A numb that isn't from the lack of circulation. A heaviness in my eyes to rival that of Atlas's struggle. A lack of motivation that's worse than an artist's block. The feeling of stillness as though it were sleep paralysis. 

I used to have obvious, overwhelming emotions, something vivid as black on white, white on black. I just got soft hues of greys, gradually blending into each other, softer than a kittens stomach, a feather, a lamb's ear.

I want to be happy, and I am, but...I'm not. 

Depression. 

Insomnia. 

Night terrors. 

PTSD. 

This whole situation sucks. But...I want my pup. And I know I'll be happy once he's here, but until then...

Lance was so lost in thought he didn't realize Keith had stormed out of their bedroom until the OBP officer grabbed his arm, yanking. Keith whipped around and punched him, first and second knuckles making direct contact with the guy's eye. 

His head snapped to the side with the force of Keith's punch, staggering back after letting go. Tears were already starting to fall from his eye, red and swollen. "You'll regret doing that, Kogane!" He stormed out of the house, Keith seething, everyone else with mouths gaped open.

***

The next day, a sense of foreboding filled the house, those within. It was noon all too soon, and Lance was worked up, not knowing what the OBP would do. But, he would soon find out, a knock on the door came right before OBP members burst through.

Keith startled, Lance growled, the Generals and Krolia surrounding Keith protectively. One of the members took out a tranquilizer gun, aiming at Keith.

"Keith Kogane, you are to come with us! You are not cooperating with the Omega Breeding Program, and we have the right to take you to our facility where you will stay under close surveillance for the remainder of your pregnancy. If you do not comply, we have every right to, and will, use force."

"Go. Fuck. Yourselves." Keith bit out.

"So be it." They fired the tranquilizer without warning, hitting Keith in the chest. 

"NO!" Lance screamed, reeling his arm back to throw a punch, hitting on the officers square in the jaw. Lance ran to Keith's side, catching the omega in his arms before he hit the ground.

Keith's vision became hazy, people were blobs of color and movement. He heard yelling, felt someone's arm around him. He could make out the words "I'm here," then everything turned black.

***

Keith slowly, oh so slowly woke up. When he finally opened his eyes, he panicked. Where the hell was he? In an all-white room, changed into medical clothes, and lying on an unfamiliar bed with a blanket smelling of strange alphas covering him.

Keith bolted upright and threw the blanket off of him, looking around to see a door and one-way viewing window. Keith made to stand up, swinging his legacy over the side of the bed, pain shot through his stomach. He let out a cry and whimper, lifting his legs back up onto the bed and lying down on his back once again, panting through gritted teeth and hands clutching the fabric over his stomach.

***

Days passed, OBP members coming and going, taking blood and running tests. If Keith resisted, they strapped him down to the bed and put a gag in his mouth, sometimes having to go as far as sedation. 

Keith barely slept, only ate because his instincts told him to, having night terrors after night terror, waking up screaming or crying in a cold sweat. The OBP even sedated him so that he would sleep through the night, despite his protests, it just made the nightmares last longer.

He didn't know what day, time it was, how long he'd been there, but it felt like forever. He wanted to go home. He wanted to see Lance and cuddle in their bed, in the safety and comfort of Keith's nest. He wanted a hug from his mom, for her to hold him close and play with his hair while she soothed him to sleep. To play with Kosmo in the backyard, Sylvio and Nadia running around with his best friend. 

Keith's body was finally relaxing with he daydreamed, when an OBP doctor came in with a few others, needle in hand. Keith's body instantly tensed, he pushed himself up onto his elbows. The guards grabbed his arms, pinning them to the bed while another kept his head in place. 

Keith screamed, thrashing as much as he could, ever aware of his swollen stomach. The doctors stuck the needle into Keith's neck without care, injecting him with the sedative. The guards let Keith go and stepped back at the ready, but his body was already shutting down. Darkness enveloped his vision.

***

Keith woke up, instantly knowing he was somewhere different than that retched room. It felt...cozier, familiar. There was a blob of color moving around him, he heard something that sounded like his name.

Sam watched as Keith's eyes adjusted, head tilting upon hearing his name. Gods, what did they do to him? He was pale as a ghost. Well, more like a skeleton with the shape his body was in. Dark, dark circles under his eyes, muscles gone, lips colorless, eyes dull, hair limp. The only healthy-looking part of him was his swollen stomach. It was clear his body put all his energy into keeping his unborn pup healthy, alive.

"Sam?" Oh gods, his voice. Raspy and broken and barely even auditable. 

"I'm here, Keith. You're at the Garrison. Do you understand?" Keith nodded his head, closing his eyes again with a sigh of relief.

"Lance?" 

"He's here, too. He brought you some blankets and stuff in case you wanted to make a nest, but I think you should eat something first." Sam helped Keith sit up, bringing the malnourished omega some warm soup.