Chapter 18

"Clover Southland, Diego Athen, Zoey Pepperson, and Parker Florest, please report to Principal Lord Julian's office immediately," a voice on the loud speaker announced. I suddenly perked up in Elven History class at the sound of my name. Parker was also in this class and he looked at me with raised eyebrows.

Our teacher Ms. Muller nodded at us, "Clover and Parker, you're dismissed. Head to his office right away."

Somehow on my way out, I tripped and fell on the floor. My hair covered my face, which was heating up with embarrassment. I heard some students giggle amongst themselves. I grimaced and began to pick myself up off the floor.

"Quit it!" Parker snapped at some of our classmates. Some of them stopped while others whispered even more.

I blushed. "Parker, it's okay." I grabbed his arm and led him outside.

"I can't believe them," he said, still peering inside the classroom.

Couldn't he just listen to me? "Stop. I don't need someone to defend me every single second. I can hold my own, so just please, stop."

Parker looked down at me and nodded slowly. "I'm sorry. I should've thought about what you would want me to do."

I shook my head. "No, it's fine." We walked in silence to Lord Julian's office. When we got there, Diego and Zoey were already there, having their own conversation.

"Oh, hi Clover!" Zoey beamed when she saw me.

"Let's go in," Diego suggested. We all agreed and he opened the door. Lord Julian was seated at his desk, as usual.

"Hello, thanks for coming," he welcomed us.

"Are there updates about Daisy?" I wanted... no, needed to know.

Lord Julian clasped his hands together. "Not Daisy, no. But we do have an approximate location of where Miss Bizaria Melville is." We listened to him as he explained about how she could be at Willow Fortress, where her only sister Becky resided. "You can go there in two days."

"What if she's already left by then?" Diego wondered.

Lord Julian smiled at his son. "Don't worry about that. Everyone who takes Elven History will go, so it'll be like a field trip. To make it more casual."

The night before we would take off, Steph helped Zoey and I pack.

"Are you happy we're going again?" I asked her teasingly.

Steph looked at me, straight-faced. Then, she broke into a partial smile. "Oh, very much so."

Zoey gasped. "Steph!"

Steph and I laughed together. That was a first.

I couldn't sleep that night. It was about 2am and I was still awake. I kept turning in my bed until Steph got tired of it.

"Stop moving, will you?" she demanded.

"Oh, sorry." Gosh, I'm making everyone I know annoyed or mad recently.

I heard her sigh. "No, that was too harsh of me. I just mean you should really get some rest before tomorrow."

"Why aren't you coming, again?"

Steph responded, "It's visitation day. My parents are coming. But... the ones who don't have anyone visiting them are required to go. Like you."

"Ahh, okay," I said, rolling my eyes. Somehow in a few minutes, I felt my eyelids close. And I fell asleep.