Chapter 8

I spun around and saw Daisy. I was so relieved to see her. I ran up to her and gave her a big hug.

"Clover, I missed you," she smiled, hugging me back. Except... something felt different. Her voice... it was deeper. I looked her in the eye and noticed they weren't blue, like they usually were. They were bright red. Instead of the genuine smile I thought she displayed, I saw something sinister about it.

I pushed her away. "You're not Daisy."

"Yes, I am," she hissed, heading towards me. All of sudden, fire came out of her hands and the flames surrounded us. We all huddled together. Zoey squeezed my hand, her mouth moving, like she was chanting something. I looked around the surroundings. I sensed water around here. Maybe a stream. My hands formed a fist and I called on the water. Please let this work. In seconds, I had flooded the area. Daisy fell back and her red eyes glared at me. Somehow in the process, animals had come and started heading towards my possessed sister. A few deers, birds, raccoons, even a bear.

Daisy glanced warily at them. "This isn't over," she growled, then disappeared into thin air.

Slowly, the water and animals went back to where they came from. Zoey wrapped her arms around me, protectively.

"Where did those animals come from?" I asked her.

Zoey winked. "You called the water, I called the creatures."

Diego kneeled down beside me. "Are you okay?"

"Of course she's okay," snickered Parker, from behind us. Both Zoey and Diego turned to look at him.

"What?" Parker frowned. "It's not like she fought someone. She's just using her powers."

"You're unbelievable." Zoey rolled her eyes, annoyed.

"There's no time to be arguing," Diego said. "Father told me a place to meet him. Let's go."

"Wait, but I can't teleport," a little voice piped up. We all looked at Zack. I could tell we all forgot he was there.

Diego smiled at him slightly. "Then we'll walk."

So that's what we did. We walked. I was getting pretty tired by the time Diego announced we were almost there.

"You've said that for the last fifteen minutes, Athen," Parker complained.

Diego threw him a death glare.

"See? At least Florest sounds better than your last name."

Diego smiled, "Actually, I like it. Keep calling me Athen, okay?"

Parker muttered something under his breath and Zoey gave him a huge shove.

"Oh, we're here!" Diego declared. I looked ahead of us and saw a cabin. It had a nice fence surrounding it, along with a beautiful garden.

"Hey, Clover," Parker said. I looked at him, expecting him to say something to me.

"No, no. Not you, I'm talking to them." His finger pointed to a field of clovers, as he chuckled.

"That wasn't really funny," Zack commented.

I loved him.

"Thank you! You agree that Parker's being ridiculous, right?" I beamed, throwing my arm around him.

"You're being weird, now," stated Zack. I blinked and slowly took my arm away. I scratched the back of my head while clearing my throat awkwardly.