Chapter 6

I took a seat inside the classroom after my discussion with Mr. Tropleet. I noticed Diego in the middle of the room, surrounded by his adoring female fans.

"Since we have a new student, would anyone like to say the basic rules of teleportation?" Mr. Tropleet asked the class. Diego raised his hand immediately.

"If you think about a place you want to go to, that's how your brain knows whether to teleport or not. If you must think of a place, don't think about wanting to go there. But of course, there are the really good teleporters who can think of a place and not end up there," he said. I glanced at him, frustrated.

That wasn't directed at me, I thought sarcastically. Not at all. But nonetheless, I was thankful to have gained some information.

An hour or so later, class was over. I had worked on controlling my thoughts and I hoped I wouldn't make a mistake again in school. The next class I had was Geography. Mr. Tropleet had told me where I could find the classroom, so I headed in the direction he told me. I was reviewing the notes I took in Teleportation class when I turned the corner. And smacked right into someone. All my papers flew to the ground. I was standing only inches away from who I hit. I looked up slowly and found myself staring into very green eyes. The guy I had bumped into had messy blonde-brown hair and looked agitated. His hands touched my back and he pushed me towards him.

"Watch where you're going," he whispered icily into my ear. He started to walk past me, then stopped. I began to apologize when I noticed my papers floating in the air, slowly returning back in the order they were before, and into my hands.

"You're welcome," he said, before disappearing around the corner.

Couple hours later, students began to form in the courtyard. I went outside, looked up and gasped. There was smoke. Everywhere. There were no clouds or even sky to be seen.

"What's going on?" a voice asked from behind me. I turned around and saw Diego, also looking up. "What on earth? How is there so much smoke?"

So much smoke...

"Wait!" I cried out. Diego glanced at me in surprise. I looked him in the eye, grabbed his hand, and pulled him away from the others.

"Hear me out, okay? Daisy always said if we were separated, to watch out for a lot of smoke in the air, especially during midday. That it would be a signal to me," I remembered.
Diego's eyes and mouth widened. "Is it a good signal or a bad one?"

"I'll explain. Come with me." I told him to lead me to his father's office. We knocked on the door and were welcomed in immediately.

"What brings you two here?" Lord Julian questioned.

"The smoke. It's a sign from Daisy. A sign that I'm in danger."