Failure. -

"I can't do it..."

Mabel just took a sigh of pure relief, tears of fear were running down her eyes. Ensley and Ford's eyes widened with shock, it actually worked.

"What do you mean?" Ensley asked, looking down at him.

The boy hung his head low, loosening his grip on Mabel's shoulders and slowly released her, falling to the grassy ground beneath him.

Mabel ran straight into Ford's arms.

Ensley put Stan, Grenda, and Candy on the ground and they ran back into the barrier while she went straight up to Pine-Tree, sitting on her knees next to him and rubbing his back.

"W-What am I going to tell Bill? H-He's going to hate me... H-He's-"

"Hey, hey... it's okay. We'll work it out. Everything will be okay." Ensley said, trying to calm him down and relax him. Truth be told she didn't actually know if things were going to be okay or not. She hoped they would be but she could never know for certain, the only person who would know that is Bill.

"Do you think what they said was true?" The boy whispered, knowing the mortals could be listening.

"I- uh... I don't know. For now... I-... let's just go back home. We'll figure out what to do from there, right?"

Pine-Tree nodded as Ensley picked him up and they began their journey home.

What did Pine-Tree just do? Bill is going to kill him! How could he do that?? How could he let himself do that??

The two got closer and closer to home until it was in sight.

"Wait..." Pine-Tree said, causing Ensley to slow to a stop, putting him down on the ground.

He paced back and forth, trying to collect and organize his thoughts while Ensley just watched him from the sidelines with a curious yet concerned look on her face.

"What have I done? That plan was almost perfect and it was going so well and I- I just... I blew it. I-"

"Pine-Tree...?"

"What is Bill going to think? What's he going to do to me? He's going to be so upset, so disappointed... I'll be having nightmares for months!"

"Pine-Tree."

"You know what? I got it! Let's just not go home. We'll go somewhere else and we won't have to face Bill, right? That's what we'll do, lets go somewh-"

"Pine-Tree!!!" Ensley yelled, grabbing the kid's shoulders and forcing him back into reality

"What?..." The boy said, feeling defeated.

Ensley sighed. "I know you're scared. I'm scared too. But we can't just not go home, Bill will find us and be more mad than if we just went to him. We both know that."

Pine-Tree looked down and sighed... he didn't want to accept it but he had to. This is his fault, after all. "I know... I just regret everything... I wish I could turn back time."

"Pine-Tree. If you could and did turn back time, would the outcome be any different?" Ensley asked, calling him out.

"No..." he mumbled.

"Come on, let's keep moving." The fairy said, picking him up and continuing their flight, much to Pine-Tree's dismay that is.

Though, he knew they had to keep going whether he wanted to or not.

Ensley felt bad and frightened. She felt bad because Pine-Tree was being really hard on himself and he was panicking, she could see it clear as day. There wasn't any hiding it.

She couldn't blame him though, as they went into the Fearamid, even her panic levels started to rise a little.

She gently set Pine-Tree on the ground, just down the hall from the throne room where Bill was waiting for them. Ensley started walking forward but quickly stopped and turned around when she realized Pine-Tree wasn't following her.

"Pine-Tree?" She asked, turning her head towards him.

The boy had his hands on his head and was leaning on the wall. "I-I... I don't think I can d-do this, Ensley. I really don't."

She rushed over to his side putting her hand on his shoulder. "You can, you can, you really can. Bill cares about you, Pine-Tree. You and him both know this, he wouldn't dare to do anything too bad to you. Right?"

The boy took a deep breath and put his arms down. "Right... let's just get this over with." He said blankly, walking towards the throne room.

'-he wouldn't dare to do anything too bad to you. Right?' The words echoed in his head with each step he took. Bill wouldn't, Ensley's right. She is. Isn't she?

The two entered the throne room. It was silent. Other than Pine-Tree and Ensley, Bill was the only one there, looking out his window like usual, until the two came in and he turned around to face them.

"Oh, Pine-Tree you're back! That was faster than I thought it would be. So how was it?" Bill asked, floating down to the two.

"Actually, s-sir... there's s-something Pine-Tree needs to tell you." Ensley said, shaking in her shoes while her wings hung low.

Bill looked confused while Pine-Tree slowly lifted his head off the ground. His heart was pounding out of his chest, harder than ever before.

He doesn't think he's EVER experienced such stress before. He's been in stressful situations of course, but something this bad? Surely he hasn't. This has to be a new record. A record of insanely stressful situations in a 12 year olds life. How fun.

"B-Bill I-I uh... I- um..."

Ensley gently nudged Pine-Tree from behind him, telling him to spit it out.

"I-.. I-"

Every muscle in his body tensed at this very moment. Nothing could've prepared him for having to say this to Bill... the powerful dream demon. The most feared demon in the multiverse!

"I COULDN'T DO IT!"