Dream. -

Pine-Tree had unsurprisingly cried himself to sleep on the metal table. Breathing through his mouth, he was very calm now. Calm enough for Ford to relax a bit.

'-to whom the kid leaves his trust to is entirely up to him and his own mind. I just wish it would be me. However, I can't imagine it would be me after what I have just done to him.

Even after he made that remark and put up that fight with me, when I finally managed to check his eyes - everything was normal. Or- as normal as it can be. I still cannot decipher how his eyes have gone from brown to blue. I understand that he was with Bill and Bill can do virtually anything, including changing the boy's eye color, but the questions I have still remain: Why would Bill change his eye color; How did he change his eye color; and what does it mean? Plus another question has arisen in my mind, what did the kid mean when he ostensibly saw Bill outside? I didn't see him. How odd.'

Ford wrote all of that and more in his notes, before sighing and dropping his pencil on the desk. He rubbed his hair back and leaned backwards in his chair, turning towards the sleeping child.

He felt very guilty for losing the little trust the kid had gained in him. He kept trying to tell himself that what he did was justified, which it was. But he couldn't help but just feel bad. It hurt his heart so much to see his nephew so afraid of him. The brand new nephew he thought he already lost before even meeting.

The boy looked so peaceful when he was asleep. If only he could be more peaceful like that when he was awake. Ford would definitely like that more; So would his brother and Mabel. But- all in due time. It will certainly take much longer for him to gain Pine-Tree's trust again this time...

Ford continued just looking at his nephew, his eyes curious and his mind racing with questions. What has Bill done to him? What has that demon taught him? How could Ford possibly undo this?

~

Pine-Tree~

Pine-Tree...

PINE-TREE!!

The boy jolted up, startled! He wasn't where he was before. The area around him was black and white, he instantly recognized where he was. Pine-Tree swiftly turned behind him and saw the best sight he'll ever see. Bill.

"Bill!" He yelled, running towards the triangle, holding his arms out. Bill accepted his hug, happy to see the kid again.

"I-I thought you l-left me..." Pine-Tree stuttered out.

Bill rolled his eye. "In Fordsie's dreams." That comment made Pine-Tree smile, he found it amusing. Bill pushed the boy off of him, the kid looked up at him with confusion as the demon looked down at him with a serious look on his face.

"Pine-Tree, you are going to listen to me very carefully." He started. "You are going to earn that six fingered freak's trust again and you're going to go upstairs and come outside to me."

"I-I-I don't w-want to trust t-them! T-They tried to h-hurt me!" Pine-Tree cried out in protest, clinging onto Bill again. The demon rolled his eye again, he knew that's not what Ford was doing, but of course it was good that the kid didn't know. It only strengthened the delusions Bill has fed him throughout his life.

"W-Why can't y-you come to m-me?"

"Because my little Sapling, those no-good meatsacks put up a unicorn magic barrier to keep me from you, they don't want you to be with me. They want to keep you on their tight controlling leash." Bill said, trying to make himself sound sad and desperate- but really he was amused at how gullible and naive this kid really was. It was perfect for him.

"W-Wait. If it's the u-unicorn magic, how are y-you talking to m-me?" Pine-Tree asked.

"Remember how we made you immortal on your birthday? That was like making you a demon. Just like how I was talking to you while you were breaking the rift."

With that- the world around started fading, Bill pushed the boy off of him.

Pine-Tree panicked. "No! Please don't leave me alone!"

Bill laughed. "You're not alone. I'll be watching you."

That kind of calmed the kid down but not enough. It also put him on edge. If he messed up, Bill would no doubt see. If he did, there's no telling what consequences could come from it.

~

When Pine-Tree awoke from his dream he looked around, he was back in the lab. He didn't like this. He wanted Bill to be there with him to hug and comfort him. The boy closed his eyes to try and fall back asleep to stay with Bill but it didn't work. After several minutes, he gave up trying.

Most of the lab's lights were off except for a few which created a dim glow, just enough to see around him. When he looked around he couldn't see the strange scientist anywhere. This made him relieved but also a little fearful.

Relieved because he wasn't going to get hurt; Fearful because who knows what that man is doing and/or preparing? What if he is preparing something horrible? What if he was talking to the other humans about what to do with him?

What if he was preparing Pine-Tree's death?!

He was stuck there with his racing questions and scary thoughts, and Bill was expecting him to gain their trust and get outside where the demon would be awaiting his arrival. Until then, Pine-Tree would have to make the best of living with these random mortals. He'll have to just suffer through whatever they were planning to do with him. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Just the thought of what they could do to him is enough to make his tiny heart pound out of his chest. He didn't care what Bill would do to him anymore. He badly wanted out.

Badly.