Parenting mistake. -

After finding out that Pine-Tree was talking to Shooting-Star behind his back, he knew it was time. He was going to wait until later, but now he was so close, his impatience was getting the best of him. He didn't care though, not much would change if he put his plan into action early.

Bill knew he had to train the boy. Train his mind to take what he was going to witness without completely shutting down. He was going to witness death- genocide of his own kind.

Pine-Tree has been exposed to death in the past but it didn't go exactly as Bill thought it would go for his first time witnessing something as such...

~Flashback begin~

Bill walked through the nightmare forest, holding the hand of the tiny 8 year old who was following him.

Pine-Tree didn't know what they were doing, nor did he really care, he just enjoyed the rare times he was allowed outside.

Bill knew what he was doing though. He was looking for someone. The Nightmare Realm was his home. His territory. His turf. He was the King, but that didn't stop other people from seeking refuge here. He knew when someone new entered his dimension. He didn't know who or where, but he knew when they arrived.

Bill is one of, if not THE, most feared being in the whole multiverse. To challenge him would be creating your own suicide. Every refugee that came here knew this.

Only a few decide to do the INSANELY brave and somewhat smart thing- to present themselves to Bill. When they did, Bill would give them 2 choices. To make a deal with him, or to die for daring to enter his territory. Almost all made deals. They would be loyal, serve, and worship Bill and in return he would allow them to live in his dimension and protect them from whatever it is they were hiding from.

However, unlike these few, most refugees decided to hide away from Bill, hoping to not be found and just live in the Nightmare Realm until their problems resolved themselves and they could leave.

That's who he was looking for. Himself and his henchmaniacs find great joy and amusement in torturing and murdering these 'pathetic low-life's'. They would purposely go out and try to find some unfortunate refugee who just happened to stumble into their path.

"Bill... where are we going?" The young boy asked.

"We're trying to find someone, Pine-Tree."

The child tilted his head to the side. "Find who?" He asked curiously. Before Bill could answer, something or rather- someone ran in front of their path, a blue-skinned man, staring at the two, wide-eyed, and frozen in fear.

"Him."

Pine-Tree was still confused. Until Bill snapped his fingers and glowing blue chains wrapped around the man's legs and neck, pulling him to the ground and dragging him over to the two of them.

The boy was taken aback and a little frightened when he saw the fearful expression on this man's face.

"Now then! Let's see what the consequences are for sneaking into my territory." Bill said before snapped his fingers and bolts and bolts of lightning shot through the man's body, his screams of agony echoing through the trees, most likely scaring off any other unwelcome refugees that might be near.

Bill was just insanely laughing at the man's pain while the kid next to him gripped onto his arm in horror at what he was watching.

Eventually, Bill had ended his life in a gruesome and bloody way. In utter terror Pine-Tree climbed onto Bill and clung to his side.

"Where's... the rest of him?" The kid asked, still staring at the bloody mess in front of him digging his fingers in Bill's eye.

"Tell ya what, kid- how about you remove your pudgy flesh sticks from my eye and I'll show you!" Bill responded, pushing the kid off of him.

"Is- Is he... dead?" Pine-Tree asked, the fear in his eyes starting to mix with sadness. Bill didn't know why he felt this way, but he didn't like seeing that sadness.

Bill sighed. "No. He's not dead. He's- uh- playing dead. He's just an actor, Pine-Tree."

The kid relaxed only a little, still tense from the scene in front of him. That gave Bill a bit of entertainment.

"Come on, Pine-Tree." Bill said, picking him up and flying him over the body. Pine-Tree watched to see when the actor would get up, but he didn't, the boy watched until he was out of sight. He was a bit nervous but- he was starting to trust Bill so he let it be.

~Flashback end~

It was a mistake for Bill to say that. At the time he was planning to tell him the truth before but never ended up doing so. Now, the time for the boy's big test is coming up. To think, in a few weeks to a few months from now his little sapling was going to be killing his mortal family!

But there's a lot he has to do, a lot of work and training to get him up to that level thanks to his lack of thinking towards the future when he masked his murders in front of Pine-Tree, and he knew just what to do.