A bit tiresome

"They have karaoke"

"I don't wanna play." "Aww c'mon don't be a wuss." "Yeah! C'mon!" "Guys really it's late, I've already drank far too much. I need to get back home." "Y/n we understand you like being professional but... we're not at work. We're not coworkers right now, just a group of friends having a few drinks." "I understand that Porco. But I really should be going." You insist.

They boo you off to your car. "I know, I know! I suck. I'm sorry!" You call out. "See you tomorrow, wet blanket!" "See you Annie!" You yell, cranking the ignition of your car and shutting the door.

You take a deep breath, inhaling the pungent odor that seeped into your car from the dirty streets of the city. "God my feet are killing me." You snap, kicking off your heels and cracking your ankles. A deep pop of tendon slipping over your bones sounds as you rotate your ankle. The feeling of release eases your feet. The sound of your phone ringing snaps takes the focus away from your aching bones.

"Hello?" You question, voiced strained and slightly slurred. "Hey? You good" "Yea baby. I'm on my way back home. My coworkers wanted to go out for a drink so I tagged along for awhile," you say a bit ashamed of how easily you agreed. You honestly really wanted the drink, things had been so stressful, so tense. Not only work but family life, social life, love life. It had been all so much to juggle. "Oh that's fine, I was just worried." "No need to worry, I'm fine Jean. I'll be home soon love." You coo through the phone. "Good to know. See ya~" Jean says. The line goes dead as you remove the device from your ear and press down on the red button. 

You directed your attention back to the road, shifting your car into gear and pulling off. You were probably too tipsy to be driving in the first place, but luckily you lived nearby. Not before long you were pulling into the apartment complex you and Jean shared. "Is that you Y/n?" He shouts from the bathroom.  "Yea!" You yell back dropping your bags on the floor and kicking off your shoes. You begin to stretch out your tired body, erupting pops and cracks from every ligament of your body. "Fuck." You breathe out. Jean pops his head into the room. "You alright?" He asks. "Yea, tired is'all. "Oh alright, I'll be out in a minute!" He assures, closing the door back and disappearing once more. 

Soon as promised he inches his way out of the bathroom, now clean and in his pajamas. "Missed you." He says planting a kiss on your lips. "Missed you too." You say, kissing back. You make your way to the bathroom, the mirror still fogged from Jean. You decided it would be best to take a quick shower and get to bed sooner, so you did just that. Hopping in the shower and hopping right back out, making sure to dry off quickly so you could go to sleep. 

"That was fast. You're usually in there for hours." Jean taunts. "Oh hush." You snap. "You got classes tomorrow? Or work?" He asks. "Yeah I got work and some night classes." You inform. "Night classes?" Jean asks. "Yea, you know that fender bender I got awhile back. It was really just a tap on my car but my insurance skyrocketed. And I already pay for the note, I'm splitting rent with you. I already stop getting my nails done and buying new stuff. But its still not enough income so I dropped my day classes so I can work more and picked up night ones." You explain. "Y/n If you needed me to pick up your half of the rent I could have done it, it's no big deal." Jean assures you. 

"No no. It's fine. You need your own money too, I don't wanna take it from you." "You wouldn't be 'taking', I'm offering. I love you. I don't mind paying a couple extra dollars for a place I live in." He says. "Really?" You ask. "Of course. You can still take those night classes since you're already enrolled but instead of working all day, come home and relax a bit before school. I don't want you to work yourself to death." He says. "You're so fucking sexy for this." You say. "I'm always sexy. And you don't have to kiss my ass cause I'm paying rent." He says. "I'm not. I'm being so serious, you do not understand how much I needed a break. This is such a relief." You say. 

"I can offer you another release..." He says, trailing a finger up your soft brown skin. "Nice try buddy but I'm fighting god trying to keep my eyes open now. I'd feel bad if i started snoring in the middle of it." You joke. "Oh I'm sure it would keep you up." He says. You laugh. "What?" He asks. You continue to giggle. "What?" He asks, dragging out the word. "I can't believe you actually said that." You chuckle between words. He looks at your bone white teeth peer past your full lips as you laugh your heart away. He placed a warm heavy hand on your face and used his thumb to trace the outline of your temple. His remaining fingers toying with the elastic band of your bonnet. 

"You're so pretty." He says. "Boy stop it." You demand. "No. Whenever I complement you, you put on this dumb cheesy grin and I like seeing you smile." He says. "God you are so fucking corny." You pester. "You like it." "I do."