'But-' Alexandra began,

'Keep quiet,' Diana said, smirking now. How swiftly emotions changed! 'We'll surprise him.' She added.

Alexandra grinned, 'Good idea.'

* * *

Watson opened the door - he had a stack of empty glasses in one hand - Kitchen duty. Alexandra stood in front, Diana waited behind.

One look at Alexandra and Watson dropped all his glasses.

'What's the matter?!' Asked Daniel, sticking his head out from behind the chairs of the dining table, where he was penning down another letter. He had one look at Alexandra, dropped his quill and stood up.

Great welcome, Alexandra thought, I must be looking bad.

'What - what happened to you?!' He demanded.

'Oh so much-' Alexandra said, 'So, so much- but, I've got someone special with me...'

'Not another terrorist- please, not another terrorist!' Watson said, bending down to gather his glasses.

'Not another terrorist.' Alexandra agreed, 'Only, Mark Fannel's real sister.'

Watson had only managed to collect his glasses and stand up, when he heard her and the things tumbled out of his grip once more. He showed no inclination to pick them up anymore.

Daniel sat back down, a hand to his chest - his mouth slightly open and his eyes round in shock. The letter could have been burnt in front of him and he wouldn't have noticed.

'I'm Diana Fannel. Nice to meet you,' she told Watson - who looked like he had swallowed a lemon whole.

'Elf - you should open the door wider and let us come in, at least.' Alexandra told him, taking the door's handle, not ungently, and opening it wider. 'Come on, Sister. They are people you should meet.

'So, you all are spies?' Diana asked, looking around at the faces.

'Pretty much ... yes.' Kane confessed, he looked the least shocked - but knowing him - Alexandra knew he was the most astonished. He still had his cloak and dagger on. 'Though - that Mark had a sister... Not doubting you - not doubting anybody - but-'

'He never told?' Alexandra asked. 'Kane, how many people would you tell-?' And Kane flashed her a dangerous look, like don't open my past. She replied with a placating gesture, 'The point is - since my very first year - I've known. Because ... well, because he saw-'

'Me in you,' Diana completed, and Alexandra nodded, she wasn't liking this being said in front of everybody - it felt like somebody was baring her, making her vulnerable. 'I see why.' Diana continued, 'But - we can do these later - can I see Mark?'

'Er-' Said Watson, 'He's with Mary,'

'Mary?' Asked Diana, 'Who Mary?'

'Your possible sister-in-law,' Said Daniel, then stopped for a small smirk, which was reciprocated by the rest of the spies and answered with a drop of jaw by Diana. 'Anyhow - they are just friends for now, so you can go ahead.'

Diana nodded, looking like she'd kill the next person who dared to stop her. Alexandra took her hand, 'Let's reunite.'

* * *

Marilyn was telling a very amusing story, perhaps. She was again perched on top of the rocking chair, her legs curled up- she was rocking and talking and laughing.