Chapter 28 : The Air in the Rain

Invisible Moon

Chapter 28

The Air in the Rain

"The air could be soaked when rain falls."

#WINisWIND

The sky was so gloomy today, it wasn't sunny anymore.

The bright sunlight was hidden behind the clouds.

This atmosphere reflected how I currently felt.

I kept walking aimlessly. Everything seemed to be endless. Letting the pain clench my heart. Letting the sadness burden me, again and again. I kept recalling the bad memories. Those harsh words from others kept replaying in my head. I was lost in darkness. I couldn't bring myself out of this endless loop of depressing thoughts.

Before, I had felt like I finally found the light of my life.

But it turned out that the light was ruined by me.

If that light went somewhere else instead of coming to an air like me, it wouldn't end up this way.

I could only blame myself.

I paused for a moment. I looked up at the sky. The thunder was so loud. The sky was grey. My heart felt even heavier.

Suddenly, it started to pour.

Even the sky was bullying me.

I was just standing in the rain. My body was soaked, but I still kept walking lifelessly.

I couldn't even remember what my goal was, I didn't even know what I should do.

I was wondering whether I had chosen the right path. Then why wasn't it a beautiful path? Why did this path cause others pain? What did I do wrong?

Or, I should just return to being the fading air I was before. Living in a place where no one would notice me. At least, I wouldn't hurt anybody.

I was so immersed in my thoughts that when I came to, I was already standing near the lake. Suddenly, I recalled the first day that I met P'In here. He was like the light of my life. He made me value myself. He made me stand proudly in the limelight.

Then, I cried to release this tightness in my chest.

Perhaps, if I hadn't met P'In, if we hadn't known each other, everything would be better.

It wouldn't matter if I were the only one who got hurt, but I unintentionally hurt P'In who was so good to me. I couldn't forgive myself.

"This...is the worst..." I could only cry alone.

My tears were falling along with the rain.

The sound of my sobbing was drowned by the thunder.

I lowered my head, letting the tears and the rain release all the pain in my heart.

I didn't know how long I cried. I had a headache and my eyes were painful. I cried until the rain stopped.

No...it didn't. I could still hear the sound of rain, but it wasn't dropping on me anymore.

So, I looked up. It was still raining, but somehow...

An umbrella? Someone was holding an umbrella over me. When I realised it, I widened my eyes and turned around.

It was P'In.

"P'In..." I was surprised to see him. How did he come here?

I noticed some white paint stain on his hands, probably from erasing those painted insults for me.