Chapter 2

What kind of kink am I into?

Good question. What kind of kink AM I into?

"Well?" Ellory looks at me expectantly. "Bondage, electro-play, humiliation?"

I flush with embarrassment at her comment, open my mouth to deny that I like anything, and close it just as quickly.

"I'm not sure exactly." Avoiding her stare, I avert my eyes down an alley to a waitress on a smoke break. With a shitty look on her face, she glares at us as we walk by as if we were actual shit stuck to her shoe.

I haven't experienced much, okay any, kink in my life other than the spanking Chad gave me, and I don't think that counts no matter how much I liked it.

I can confidently say that my sex life has been unusually flavorless up to this point, and Vanilla would be a sweet treat.

"Don't worry," she soothes, bumping her shoulder into mine. "You have plenty of time to figure it out."

The entrance to the building looks like every other office building in the city, and I notice the absence of signage and heavy bass undertones coming from inside the closer we get. Blackout glass doors glide open magically as we approach, and for a second, I forget why we're here.

Ellory and I step into a lavish marble lobby with an elegantly modern chandelier hanging overhead, elevator music playing in the background, and the word, Onyx, backlit with purple neon above the lobby desk. A heavily muscled security guard standing behind the desk looks like he bench presses the Space Needle just for kicks. The black polo shirt and dress slacks he's wearing do nothing to conceal his size. He has a handsome face, weathered by hard work he undoubtedly earned by living a hard life, which only adds to his appeal.

"Good evening, Deacon," Ellory breathes, flashing him a bright white smile. If I didn't know better, I'd say she was swooning over the handsome hunk. But that's just Ellory charming her way through life.

Deacon smiles at Ellory, his dark grey eyes wrinkling at the corners, softening his facial features and making him look kind. "Hello, Ms. Cartwright. How are you this evening?"

"I'm great, thanks for asking." Ellory digs through her purse, pulls out a key card, and swipes it through a machine that displays her picture, along with what I assume are her vital signs, on a screen for Deacon to verify.

"And who have you brought with you tonight?" Deacon cocks his head to the side, taking in my appearance.

"This is my very best friend, Silver," she says proudly, throwing her arm over my shoulder. "She's going to need a guest pass."

"Welcome, Silver," Deacon gives me a soft smile and slides a clipboard across the desk. "Please take a seat in the lobby and fill these out. Someone will be along to chat with you about the club in a few minutes."

I pick up the clipboard and glance at the pages as Ellory ushers me to an overstuffed chair and plops down on the adjacent couch.

Honestly, if I knew where we were going, I would have insisted on showering first.

"What?" Ellory asks, catching the side-eye I'm giving her. "I told you I wanted to go to a club tonight, so here we are," she spreads her arms out, motioning towards the walls. "Don't worry so much. You're going to have a good time, I promise." Ellory crosses her heart like a five-year-old.

I shake my head at her. This wasn't the type of club I thought we were going to.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do," she says, swiping the wand of her lip-gloss across her bottom lip.