A criminal.

He was just a disaster waiting to happen.

Destruction was what he brought upon someone around him.

I often wondered how Matteo could still stand him after all these years.

Flipping around the pages, I found a few new written pages. I read through almost all of them. Some of them were about me. I continued reading until I reached the last page. I read through it and was in total shock.

Was he onto me?

The last page that was written on explained how Domenico was quite worried about me and how he had seen how uncomfortable I was around Alessandro. He also wrote that he was suspicious that I knew Alessandro from my assassin job.

I mean, he wasn't wrong, just missing a few minor details.

I closed the book and put it back exactly where it was. I then closed the curtains, putting everything back where it originally was. I then left his room and made sure to lock it.

I turned around and saw Luca's door to his bedroom.

What a coincidence.

I entered the room as if I was going to be caught by Luca himself but was only hit with a putrid smell. The smell of moldy pizza and sweaty socks greeted my nose.

I considered whether or not I should leave but then remembered that I should have sympathy for my brothers and do nice things for them.

Wouldn't it be nice of me to clean his room for him?

What kind of sister would I be to let him live like this?

He always said he liked his room smelly and dirty. All the messy ness from his room must've probably gotten into his brain and made him think that living like this was a good thing.

I almost shed a tear just thinking about how he would be so happy to see his room as if it had just been newly renovated.

I was second-guessing whether or not I should do this but I don't think that my brother should live in an unhealthy environment like this. It could be life-threatening to his health.

I'm sure he'll enjoy his new room.

By the time I was finished cleaning Luca's room and sneaking around, it was already lunchtime and I was beyond exhausted. I headed into the kitchen to prepare lunch for myself.

After lunch, I decided to take a nap to calm my nerve; it's been a long time since I've been alone.

~~~

A knock on my door resonated throughout my bedroom, waking me up in the process. I looked over at the alarm and saw that it was almost three pm. I quickly got up, really to answer the door thinking that it would be one of the guards or one of my brothers who came home early.

As soon as I opened the door, someone's hand flew straight to my mouth, pressing a damp cloth to my mouth. I soon realized what they were doing but was too late and eventually passed out.

A splash of water was thrown on me, startling me awake. I looked around to see where I was and was met with the same room Alessandro had brought me to. The room was much darker than before, the only light source that barely lit up the room was above my head.

I tried moving around but then discovered that both my hands were tied behind me with rope and my mouth was covered with duct tape. I grunted in frustration at weak attempts of trying to get out of the ropes.

"Nice to see you again," a voice echoed from behind me.

I was this close to cutting my ears off and stuffing them in my mouth.