Chapter 4: Sammy

-Dean-

I woke up early, the sky still dark outside, so I took a shower and got dressed, then I went over to Carter and shook her gently, waking her up "What's wrong?" She asked, half-asleep.

"Come on, we're gonna find dad if it's the last thing we do" I said, then I left to the bathroom and fixed my hair. When I came out, Carter was rummaging through her bag, searching for new clothes, then she changed, unaware of me. I felt my cheeks heat, so I quickly retreated to the bathroom. When she finished getting ready, we got our stuff and left the motel.

I began driving towards Stanford. We needed Sam if we were gonna find dad.

"Where we going?" Carter asked.

"We need to get Sammy by today if we're gonna get the extra help" I explained.

"How are we gonna get to Stanford within a day? It's practically across the country. We're never gonna make it, even with you behind the wheel" she said.

"Oh how you underestimate my power, Carter" I said, grinning at her, pressing the gas, making the car go faster, "besides, why do you think we left early?" I added.

-10 Hours Later; Carter-

Dean finally pulled up to Sam's apartment. "alright, I'll go get him, hopefully, he'll come with us" Dean said.

"and if he doesn't?" I asked.

"I'll drag him kicking and screaming if I have to" he grinned then we both got out, Dean slipping into the apartment, while I leaned against the trunk of the car. After a while, Dean finally came out of the apartment, Sam behind him.

"Carter? What are you doing here?" Sam asked, surprised.

"Hey College-boy. Came with Dean to bust you out" I said, grinning as I got off the car, moving so Dean can open the trunk.

"So dad's missing?" Sam asked.

"Yep, been gone for about 3 weeks now" Dean said, searching through the trunk, pulling out papers.

"Wait, so why aren't you with him?" Sam asked us.

"We were working our own gigs" Dean answered.

"dad let you two hunt on your own?" Sam asked a bit sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes playfully, then Dean spoke, "So anyway, dad's been tracking down these deaths, which is the only lead we have on where he might be."

"alright, come on, let's get going" I said.

"Wait, you guys can't expect to break in in the middle of the night and take me hunting" Sam said, "And why not?" Dean asked.

"Because, I swore I would give up hunting" he answered.

"Okay, we get that, but this also about dad" I said.

"Yeah, I know, but I can't do this" he said, "not anymore. I swore" he said.

"Come on Sam, be reasonable" Dean said.

"I AM reasonable" "No you're not, Sam. Just come with us" Dean said.

"No, I can't." He said.

I sighed, "Sammy-"

"alright fine, come on Carter, Sam's obviously no help" I said.

"Dean" i said.

Sam sighed, "you, of all people, know how much I want to help, but I can't"

"Then why? Explain to us why you can't" Dean said.

He sighed again, taking his time as he thought, finally giving in, "alright alright, I'll help, but I have to be back here by Monday" he said.

"What's Monday?" Dean asked.

"An interview" he replied.

"Like a job interview?" Dean asked.

"No, it's for a scholarship" he said.

"Alright, we'll bring you back by Monday" Dean said.

Sam nodded, then left back into the dorm, getting his stuff.

I moved around the car and got into the passenger seat while Dean went to the driver's side. "Alright, so the deaths occurred around here, right?" I asked, pulling out the map from the glove compartment, opening it, tracing the roads from here to the mysterious back road that people keep dying in. Dean looked over and nodded, "yep, that's it" he said.

"Alright, so I heard that this chick decided to-" I was explaining when Sam finally entered the car, sitting in the back.

"Alright, so what are we looking for?" Sam asked.

"Woman in white" I said, directing Dean to the nearest motel so we can plan everything out.

"Okay and..."

"Legend says that there's this woman in white who hitchhikes the back road, killing any unfaithful guy that picks her up. She asks them to take her home and seduces them, getting them to fall for her, then she kills them." I explained, handing him the papers that had all the info.

"Okay, so how did she die?" He asked after reading.

"That we don't know, but the most recent deaths we got, was on a bridge, which is right over here" I said, pointing it out on the map, showing Sam.

"Alright?" He asked.

"So, best way to get answers is go to that bridge, since it's filled with cops and ask what happened" I said.

"Okay then" he said.

I sighed, I can tell Sam doesn't like this idea of hunting, but Dean said we had no other option.