Chapter 2: New Baby

-8 months Later-

Mary was putting clothes away, when she sucked in a sharp breath, placing her hand on her stomach, "John!"

John ran in, Dean following, holding Carter, "what's wrong?"

"I-I think the baby's coming" Mary's breathing turned rapid.

"alright, calm down, we'll get you to the hospital" John said, taking her hand, helping her to the car while Dean tried to follow, "no, Dean, stay here with Carter, I'll take your mother to the hospital" he said, leaving.

Dean sighed, then went up to his room, sitting on his bed, holding Carter in his arms.

Carter looked up at him with her hazel eyes that fought between brown and green, questioning.

"he'll be back later, don't worry" Dean said as he ran a hand through Carter's blonde hair.

Carter smiled up at Dean, reaching for his nose.

Dean smiled back, then laid back and sat her on his stomach, "you're going to have a new little bro"

Carter looked at him, curiously.

Dean nodded, "yeah, his name is gonna be Sammy"

Carter smiled, then moved so she was laying on his chest, simply falling asleep.

Dean smiled as well, then rubbed her back lightly.

-Later-

Dean was asleep with Carter between him and a few pillows so she wouldn't fall.

John walked in, leading Mary to their room, "go ahead and rest. I'll take him from here"

Mary smiled and nodded, handing Sam over to John.

John smiled back, then walks over to Dean's room, finding him asleep with Carter and whispered, "Dean"

Dean rolled over to look up at John, "hey Dad" he said, half asleep

"look who's home" John smiled.

Dean sat up and saw Sam, then smiled.

"look Sam, that's your older brother Dean" John said.

"hey there, Sammy" Dean said.

Sam looked at Dean with a smile, reaching out to him.

"can I hold him?" Dean asked.

John nodded, "of course, if you can hold Carter, i'm sure you can hold Sam" he said, handing him Sam.

"hey Sammy, meet your sister, Carter." Dean said, turning Sam so he can see Carter, who was still asleep.

Sam reached for Carter and Dean shook his head, smiling, "no, don't wake her up. She hates it. She's still mad at me for that" he said, laughing, "she can hold a grudge"

"alright, let me go put him to bed" John said.

Dean smiled, then handed Sam back to John.

John left the room with Sam.

Dean laid back down, rolling onto his side, watching Carter sleep. He smiled, then slowly fell back to sleep.