Chapter 1: Beginning

-Rose- (Carter's Mother)

I wasn't sure what was going on, but I just knew that being in a secret love affair was never good. I honestly didn't know in the beginning, but when I found out it was already too late. I was pregnant with his daughter when he decided to cut off our relationship. Of course, I was devastated, because I was left alone to take care of a child. Not fair in my books.

When I first found out I was pregnant with Carter, I thought about not keeping her, because she would've reminded me of the Winchester, but instead, I decided to keep her. Why take my anger and vengeance out on Carter just because she might've resembled John?

-Carter's birth; Rose-

As I was released from the hospital, I left, walking the streets, holding Carter in a carrier, wrapped in a blanket. I continued to walk until I got to a bridge. "I'm sorry Carter" I whispered, tears blurring my vision as I looked down into my daughter's eyes. "Just know that I love you and angels will always be watching over you" I whispered, then set her down, careful not to put her too close to the edge and away from the passing cars.

I moved to the edge of the bridge, taking one last look at Carter, then I closed my eyes as I jumped off the edge, Carter the last thing on my mind...

-Later that day; Reg. POV-

"Dad, look, that's a baby" A little boy pointed out.

"I know. I see it" The father replied as he kept driving.

"you're not going to stop and help it out? It's cold outside and it looks like it was just born" The little boy said, green eyes filled with worry.

"I'm sorry but we have enough people to take care of"

"no we don't. It's just you, me and mom"

"and your incoming brother"

"and how is taking care of two babies a lot of work? I can help. I promise, now let's just get that baby out of the cold" the boy pleaded

The father sighed, thinking about it, "fine", then pulled the car over.

The boy raced out of the car, grabbing the carrier, taking it to the car. He tied the carrier down in the backseat then sat beside it.

The father began driving again, while the boy looked the baby over, noticing it was a girl with light skin, thin blonde hair and hazy hazel eyes. Out of curiosity, he placed his hand on the baby's arm and flinched, "she's so cold" he commented.

"Here" the father said, handing the boy an old shirt from the passenger seat.

The boy took it, covering the baby, then began talking to her, noticing a little bracelet on her wrist that had 'Carter' engraved* "Carter. That's a strange name for a girl, but it's cool. I'm Dean" he smiled a bit, then pulled out a toy car from his pocket and handed it to her.

Carter slowly grasped at it, but dropped it by accident.

Dean laughed and picked it up, then handed it to her, holding her hand so she wouldn't drop it.

Carter looked the car over, then automatically put it to her mouth.

"no, don't put that in your mouth" Dean said as he slowly pulled it away.

The father pulled up in front of the house, then got out of the car, going around to help Dean with Carter.

"dad can i carry her?" Dean asked, his green eyes hopeful

The father smiled, then nodded, handing Dean the baby girl.

"mom, look what we found" Dean announced as they stepped into the house.

"oh my goodness, where did she come from?" she asked.

"I saw her carrier out in the street, so we stopped and grabbed her. I don't understand how somebody could leave a baby like that out in the cold" Dean said

"Thank God you grabbed her." She said.

Dean nodded, then fidgeted a little, "mom?"

"yes?"

"can we please keep her here with us? She obviously doesn't have a family to go to"

The mom sighed, "I don't know"

"please? I promise to help take care of her."

The mother thought about it, then nodded, "alright, fine, we'll take her in, but you have to promise to not only help her, but to help your new brother as well" she said.

Dean nodded happily, "I promise" he smiled.