Chapter one: Friends

{edited}

*Two months later*

As I walked through the drably painted lunch room I looked for Aiden. I spotted her sitting alone at a round table in the corner. I headed over to the table, nearly slipping in a puddle of chocolate milk left carelessly on the already dirty floor.

"Oh, hey." Aiden said as I sat down at the table. In the past two months Aiden and I had become pretty good friends. She was sweet and was made of pretty good future best friend material. 

"Whats up?" I asked. 

"Nothing." Aiden said softly. She was pretty shy. Its fine I guess, I was to.

"Do you want to hang out this weekend?" I asked her.

"Yeah that would be fun." She said with a sweet smile, showing off her perfect teeth. 

"Your house or my house?" I asked Aiden, already planning what to do while she was over. 

"I think your house would better." She said quickly.  The way she responded so quickly made me curious, I pushed my questions aside, I would probably find out the answers soon enough. 

We ate our food quickly, trying not to taste the so called food as we shoveled it into our mouths. We discussed the English paper we were currently working on and the newest kids that joined our small school. We threw away the remainder of our displeasing meals and walked out of the cafeteria. 

"Hey look at how Mr. Handler waddles around." Aiden said with a giggle as one of out older teachers with a strange waddle like gait passed by as. We snickered even after he turned the corner. 

"Ladies may I asked what is so funny back there?" Mr. Handler asked, suddenly reappearing back around the corner. 

"Oh sorry, Sir." Aiden said. She winked at me at the end of her sentence.

When we reached our locker, we saw that we had band next, with Mr. handler.

"Fantastic." Aiden mumbled as we headed to the band room, instrument cases in hand.

 Mr. Handler peered at us through his square rimmed bifocals the whole class period. Finally the clock turned over to the two. The bell rang its annoying clanging sound. 

We hurried out of the classroom, not wanting to spend anymore time with our unpleasent teacher than we had to.

"Hey Thalia!" Aiden screeched from beside me.

"Yeah?"

"Whatch this!" Aiden then proceeded to make a poor impression of our teachers waddle like walking.

I joined in, we waddled all the way to our lockers. I continue to waddle, maybe a little bit longer than I should have, for I waddled right into the unsuspecting student. We both toppled to the ground.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!" A blush was painted across my cheeks as I turned around to offer my hand to what I thought was a person on the ground. My blush deepened when I realized that I had only infact knocked over a metal trashbin.

I scanned the area around us,no worries, only the whole high school had seen me. Aiden helped me right the bin and scoop the trash back inside. We laughed and joked about it the whole break.

That week flew by, and Aiden came over after school as planned. I showed her to my room, she threw her backpack the floor and made herself comfortable on my queen bed. 

"This mattress is fantastic!" She screamed into a pillow. 

We chatted about the week until my unusually chubby cat , Raymen noodles, padded into the room. His claws made a clicking sound on the hardwood floor as he wandered around my room before settling down on my desk. Aiden jumped up from her spot on the bed to go and pet Raymen.

"Aren'y you a handsome cat!" she told my mildly annoyed cat as she grasped his fluffy head in her hands. 

"Hey you want to watch a movie?" I asked while staring at the purple paint on my walls.

"Yeah sure." She said with a hint of a puzzled look on her face. 

"What do you want to see?" I asked Aiden. 

"Whatever is fine." She said. 

"What about Thirteen going on Thirty?" I said while holding up the movie.

"Never heard of that one." Aiden said while reading the back of the movie. 

"Really? Seems like every teen has seen it." I said as I popped the movie in and took my place on the couch.

Aiden watched every detailed that played out on the screen. I had seen the movie a million times, I knew almost every last word.  

"So, you've never even heard of this movie?" I asked.

"No I really don't know why. It was great, I cant wait to be thirty, flirty and thriving!" She said still watching as the credits rolled down the screen. 

I popped the movie out of the DVD player and slipped back into its case. I set it back in the cupboard and flipped off the T.V.

" I'm hungry." Aiden said as her stomach growled very loudly.

I laughed as I lead her to the kitchen. We scavenged through every cupboard, drawer, and the fridge. Barely able to hold all the food we had gathered, we walked back to my violet room. The four poster bed back sat against the right wall. Black decorations covered the rest of the purple walls along with a select few posters of One Direction.

"Who are these guys?" Aiden asked as she pointed to one of the posters.

"Only the best people ever. Known as One Direction. You have really never heard of them? Were you shut off from all other teenagers or something?" I asked Aiden.

"I guess. I think I would of known about these super cute boys." She said as she peered into Zayn's paper eyes.

"Well now you know about the best band ever." I said to her.

"We are now going to listen to this awesome song." I said.  

We listened to so many songs, we sang them repeatedly for an hour or so. 

"Oh my god it's three in the moring already." Aiden said.

"That's what happens when you fangirl out my friend." I said. 

"Well, I will be staying up till three in the morning much more now." Aiden said with a wink. 

I was wiped out from turning a normal into a fangirl. My bed felt like a cloud when I finally spread out underneath the covers and duvet. Aiden happily slept on the couch in my room, a sheet and three blankets to keep her warm.  Good thing she thought he couch was comfortable, it would become a second bed for her.

------------

Originally by Kameron, Edited by Erica (for the second time)