"Y-Yes?"

"Where's Cash?"

Cash is Lina's agent name and it's what these people know her by since they don't know our real names. Even if they hear it on accident, they know not to tell anyone or else we're killing them all. Which is sort of what happened with our first set of goons.

"S-She went on a date. Said she'd be back in 2 hours" Even by just hearing his voice, you could tell he was flustered and nervous.

"Okay, thanks. Also, don't be so tense. I don't bite unless you tick me off. Trust me, you don't right now" I patted his shoulder.

"Y-Yeah" he still continued to tremble while I headed off. So Val's locked in his room inventing stuff, and Lina is on a date, again.

She's most likely with a girl since the last four dates she had with guys didn't work out. By the way she talked about them, they really sounded like a bunch of assholes.

About an hour later, I found myself opening the doors to Joker's lair- you could say. Harley was eating chips while being entertained by the television before noticing my presence. Meanwhile, Joker didn't seem to be fazed by the fact that his doors opened, and continued to think and write on his chalkboard. Another plan to kill Batman.

"Aw sweetheart!" I heard Harley say as she ran over to greet me in a haste. Her grin soon turned to a pout once she received no reaction from me, "Why don't you ever give mom a hug?"

Because you aren't my mom.

I've told her before several times but she always ignored the comment. I gave up and now I don't give her an answer.

"Mister J!~ She's never going to change!" Harley sort of whined as she crossed her arms, almost with a glare on her face.

The Joker chuckled, "She came to us first, Harls. Isn't that for a change?" His words enlightened her. Unlike her, I didn't care about his response. After all, giving them a reaction is what he wanted.

"You didn't really want anything from Black Mask, right?"

Even when he had his back turned to me, I noticed his cheeks rising a bit, meaning he was smiling, "Correct..." he said, still paying attention to his board.

"This is where my guess comes in," I began to pace around the room, to help with my thinking, "you knew Black Mask was after my parents beforehand, so you sent me specifically so I would be the one to hunt them down. Which was ultimately a gamble since Black Mask could've chosen someone else. That was your plan from the start wasn't it?" I turned and crossed my arms.

He yawned while Harley made herself comfortable back in the couch. "Well you certainly do know how to make my plans boring"

Finally, I got him to rotate his glance to me, "It was more like this: I heard Blackie was going after your parents and I told Harley about it" As if it was her cue to speak, she lifted and rested her legs on top of the couch,

"I suggested Mister J to send you with Blackie so you can be the one to kill them, and you can let them go. Then, you can be part of our family and accept us as your parents. And you start protecting your siblings and hugging us" the more she talked, the more she sounded like an airhead speaking. Delusional. Joker looked like he didn't even agree with that part.