Chapter Six: The One with The Big Question

A/N: Important announcement at the end! Enjoy reading! 

Chapter 6

It was 6 am and Maya was currently at the Station in the beanery when her team walked in, all looked tired and disgruntled.

"Those better be pancakes for you to have called us all in two hours before shift," Vic grumbled.

"Hey don't blame me, I've been here longer than you," Maya laughed, her body not as tired as the rest of her team, given she'd ran to the Station anyway.

Everyone slowly filtered in and they sat at the table, Carina making a quick top to say good morning to her wife.

"Bongiorno," Carina mumbled, resting her head in the crook of Maya's neck.

"Morning my love," Maya chuckled, seeing the brunette still half asleep and very close to sleeping on her shoulder.

"Why are we all here so early?" She asked, not very impressed when she'd been told by Maya she had to be at the station hours before they were due to start on shift.

"You'll all find out," Maya said vaguely.

"Fine but I want extra syrup," Carina said before moving to grab a cup of coffee that Maya had laid out already.

"Of course," Maya nodded, knowing her wife would need some extra sugar to keep her awake at what she had deemed 'an unforgivable hour to be awake' - especially when she didn't have to be.

It was now a month after their argument, and they were good. It hadn't been smooth sailing but they continued to talk and they continued to learn and grow from that night.

The shift following the argument....

Everyone was sitting around the breakfast table for the start of shift when both Maya and Carina walked in, the room falling silent as they waited to see what would happen between the two.

"Morning everyone," Maya greeted.

"Morning," everyone replied, all somewhat anxious after the events of the last shift. .

"So, we both wanted to address what happened on our last shift. I have a few things to say and then I know Carina does too." Carina nodded in agreement, letting her wife take the first half of the conversation.

"I firstly want to apologise, not only as your friend but as your Captain. What happened last shift was not professional nor was not right. We have spoken and we've apologised. We're not one hundred percent through it - but we are getting there," Maya said, taking hold of Carina's hand and running her thumb across the back of it. "In a more formal regard to the incident there will be an investigation into what happened due to the nature of the outcome.

In addition to that Carina will be written up for what happened - I told you at the very start of our relationship that she would be treated the same way you guys would be, no exceptions and I stand by that." Maya gave a final nod as she finished her speech, the team stayed silent, all of them listening to what was being said.

"We're all just happy you guys are okay," Andy said, speaking for the group.

"We appreciate that - and I want to thank you all for looking out for us both. You guys are family."

After she had finished Maya took a seat at the table and let her wife take over so she could say what she wanted to say.

"I firstly also want to apologise for what happened. My behaviour was unacceptable, I let my own frustrations and past problems affect my professional position and I was out of line. I never should have let it get to that point and I'm sorry to both Maya and to all of you. I put the Station in a bad light and that is something that I will never let happen again," Carina apologised.