Chapter 10

Another day.
Marinette didn't know how she felt when she woke up. Happy, she supposed, to see another day, but peculiar, she couldn't even muster a smile.
It was gratitude, no happiness.

She dressed in her uniform, looking to the clock to see she had 40 minutes until her first class started. It took her twenty minutes to get to school. She would wonder for about 5 minutes before reaching her class.
That gave her approximately 15 minutes to have her breakfast.

She knew how to cook, how to make herself something. She could easily make herself an omelette or something of the sort before she had to leave.

She didn't want to though.

She knew food wouldn't remove the empty ache in her chest.

She looked to a granola bar. Less effort, it would leave her more stamina for the day and she wasn't wasting anything she could have later.

It took her precisely 21 seconds to retrieve the bar and remove the wrapper in which it lay..

She started to eat. In precisely 32 seconds, the bar was done.

14 minutes and 7 seconds.

She looked to her bag. She could add some additional books in case she got bored at lunchtime.

12 minutes and 4 seconds.

It took her 2 minutes and 3 seconds to do that.

Tick rock, tick tock.

Perhaps one could imagine how dull it must have been.

The blue haired girl had no care for television.

She hadn't dare to waste her money on such a thing, something that wouldn't benefit her in any way.

Why would she care about vigilance and such things?

Keep away from danger, it'll keep away from you.

Keep away from trouble, and you'll be in the clear.

Marinette Dupain Cheng was a hypocrite.

Anybody living in Gotham who said something like that was.

Gotham was trouble.

Gotham was danger.

Gotham was something Marinette knew a lot about.

She just didn't know it yet.

*

I was actually inspired to write this. I was procrastinating to continue with Maribat but having someone comment in this book was a sign for me to continue.

Knowing somebody could relate to bottling emotions has made me want to continue for the sake of understanding and empathy.

This book will hopefully help a lot.

I'll be describing the emotions a lot here.

If you can relate...

Comment.

There will be a lot of character development in this book.

As well as emotional development.

Know, you are never alone!

The person typing this wants you to know that they are here.
❤️