Chapter 3

Eventually, it was Lunchtime. Once again, the bells ringed as a message that they were free to go for Lunch. A relief for the bluenette as she was starving. As she sat down with her meal in her hands, she ignored the other two on the table. If she had looked, she'd have seen the same boy who had glared at her earlier as well as another boy who seemed to be the incarnate of sunshine. To be honest, perhaps she'd have smiled. But she didn't look up. She concentrated on her meal, ignoring their attempts to try to either speak to her or scowl her away. Which in honest was a huge shame, seeing as she'd told Adrien she'd try. After the defeat of his Father, they'd revealed their identities to each other. There had been huge fights and screams and cries before they'd made amends. Marinette because he'd been forcing her to take the high road. Adrien because of how he'd said it wasn't fair. In reality, he knew it wasn't on both sides but still said it to make a point.

Eventually, Adrien had moved to New York with his good luck charm and his aunt. Marinette had gone to Gotham with her black umbrella and the Miracle box. She'd insisted to her parents she could take care of herself until they managed to believe it somehow, buying her an apartment and keys for herself. The young designer had found it hell to continue the high road for the last few days but she did it either way, swearing to herself she'd bring karma back someday. She exchanged numbers with Adrien before her departure, all feelings by then platonic, if you must be informed. And then she'd sat on the plane, closing her eyes as she dreamed of a man she could barely remember, her Father. All she knew was his surname. Wayne. Because each night since she was five she'd whispered to herself that she was a Wayne, forgetting all the rest. She was Marinette Wayne, that she was sure of, but Wayne to her was a common surname. Nothing that could lead her to her family.