< Chapter 7 >

"Hey Hange?" you ask, giving them a slight tug on the sleeve of their jacket. They look at you and smile. "Yes?". It was Wednesday morning and the two of you were on your usual walk to school. It was surprisingly cold, but the weather forecast said it'd warm up later in the day.

You were ecstatic because today marked the first day of club activities. You pull out the map which gave directions to your club room from the left pocket of your jacket. "Uhm, I don't really understand the map. I don't know how to get to the student council room" you say, the tone of your voice made it clear that you were confused. Hange grabbed both your shoulders, her strong hands squeezing them with a tight but gentle force. She pulled her face closer to yours to get a better view of the map.

    They kept their gaze on the page as the two of you kept walking down the street. She raised her eyebrows a little before coming to a halt. "Yeah. This map is terrible." She laughs. "How about this. I'll come pick you up at your homeroom class at the end of the day. We can walk to the club room together!" They always had a cheerful smile proudly painted on their face.

They had complimented your smile a few days prior. They said you had the prettiest smile, but you thought it was them who possessed the prettiest one. You scoffed a little, in a joking manner of course. "You mean I have to wait for you?" you say teasingly.

    Hange looked down on you, that same intimidating look on their face that was present the first time you spoke with her returned. You gulped a little, your eyes widening as she maintained eye contact. It sent chills throughout your whole body. Hange brought her face closer to yours.

As she hovered just inches away from your face, you could feel sweat form at the top of your forehead. Just as your nerves were at an all time high, Hange opened her lips to say something. "Impatient aren't we?" Their voice was deep and somewhat raspy. A sly smirk was illustrated on Hange's face, but you were lost in her eyes.

    Hange quickly pulled away. The intimidating face that easily took over your whole body quickly turned back into a joyful expression. Her face turned into a pretty shade of red, similar to that of a rose. "Wow y/n. Our faces were so close I could kiss you!" they say, throwing both hands into the air.

You stuttered as you struggled to find the right words to say. Panicking, the only words you managed to utter were "Uh, Hange?" Your face felt hot, you could tell you were blushing. Hange grabbed your arm, pulling you as she began walking again. "Don't worry. I'm only joking!" they say happily.

    What a weirdo. Despite Hange's flirty words and actions being a mere joke, butterflies immediately formed in your stomach. This feeling was unlike any other you've ever felt. It was similar to the feeling you get when talking to someone new, but this was different. That one felt like a million needles were being punctured into every patch of skin on your stomach, but this feeling was somewhat pleasant.

It was unfamiliar, and you hated unfamiliar things. It amazed you how Hange could go from being intimidating and scary in a way, to a complete goofball. Hange was strange and hard to comprehend, but you enjoyed every single moment you spent with her.