< Chapter 5 >

Nothing much occurred during the weekend. Armin came over on Saturday and the two of you read books together. A typical hang out with Armin consisted of walking around the neighborhood, reading books, and eating delicious food. You thought about the moments you spent with Armin as you tied your shoe.

You waited at the front door, occasionally looking out the window to see if Hange showed up. It was Monday, and she said she'd come by to walk with you to school. It was almost 7:50, so you expected her to arrive at any minute. You remembered the way Hange held onto your hand, you slightly wished she'd do it again. You jump a little at the sound of knocking at the front door.

    You stand up and look out the peephole, only to be met by Hange and her bright smile. "Y/n! You Home? Don't tell me you forgot about me!" she yelled. You quickly opened the door and covered her mouth. "Can you scream any louder?" you say jokingly. You step outside and lock the door behind you.

After removing your hand from her face, she immediately began talking again. "I can actually! Want to hear?" she asks. "Not really." you whine. You only met her a few days ago, but you knew good and well that she would end up screaming her lungs out if you didn't stop her. As you walked down the same street you did last week, you hoped Hange would grab your hand again.

    Today officially marked your second week of school. Everyone was already accustomed to their new classes, so everything started to feel like a normal school year again. The initial anxiousness of the first day had completely dissapeared. The only aspect of school that wasn't quite set into place yet was club activities, but that was soon going to be sorted out.

It was another sunny morning. In your area spring days typically consisted of sunny yet cool mornings, which later turned into hot afternoons. Your favorite moment was around 7:30 pm, when the sun would be setting. It was somewhat cold, a little windy even. The skies would turn into a pretty shade of pink which would fade to orange, and then finally to yellow as it got closer to the sun.

    "Hey y/n?" Hange says, calling for your attention. You look up at them and they smile. "What is it Hange?" you ask, waiting for their reply. "Would you want to make this a regular thing? You know, walking together?" the same smirk from last week appeared on Hange's face. You nodded, "Yeah. That would be great."

The two of you continued walking down the sidewalk. Hange grabbed onto your arm again, linking it with hers. You noticed they were very touchy, and not afraid to speak up. You liked that about them. How did a shy girl like you constantly match up with loud and outspoken people like Hange and Eren?

    "Tell me about your friends y/n!" Hange says to you. You tilt your head to the right and gave her a confused look. "What do you want to know?" you ask her. She rose her left hand up beside her face, pointing her index finger into the air. "Their names and personalities. Stuff like that!" It made you happy to see someone so interested in you. You typically sat and listened to others talk about themselves, this was the first time you saw someone so eager to learn about you.

"I have three friends; Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. Armin is my best friend, and Mikasa and Eren are super close." you say as you leaned closer to Hange. You really loved your friends, so talking about them was quite fun. Hange watched you intensely as you continued to speak.

"Eren is quite loud and easy to talk to. Mikasa teases me a lot, but I think it's funny. She's not as talkative as the guys, but we talk a lot privately. Me and Armin both like books, and often read together a lot!" Hange's smile only grew as you spoke more and more.

"I met them in my second year of middle school, but they were all childhood friends. It's easy for them to talk to other people. They've tried to introduce me to some of their other friends, but I was always too shy. I don't mind it too much though, they're great friends so they're all I need!" you say. "But it wouldn't hurt to meet new people too."

The way Hange paid so much attention to your every word caused you to smile even wider. You really enjoyed talking to Hange. "Y/n. You have the prettiest smile, you know that?" she says to you after furthering her face from yours. Your cheeks began to hurt, your smile only widened at the sound of Hange's kind words. "I'm glad I met you Hange." you say, your voice was sweet. Hange broke eye contact as she faced forward. "I'm glad I met you too."